Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am applying to the course for computer visualisation and animation and I was hoping to get some feedback of the course and what did you do for your portfolio?

ReputationRep:
    Hi there Ellie

I'm a first year on the CVA course here at Bournemouth

Check this thread out (just means I don't have to repeat myself and we can have one place for all the info)

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3065091

All the best,

Brian

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    hey I am thinking to apply this year too for CVA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliebelfield123)
    I am applying to the course for computer visualisation and animation and I was hoping to get some feedback of the course and what did you do for your portfolio?
    Hi, thank you, it's helped a lot! I read in the prospectus that you have to do entry exams in Maths, Logic and Life drawing, but doesnt say it online. Did you have to do these?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ximena Roldan)
    hey I am thinking to apply this year too for CVA
    Omg, that's cool!!! hhh maybe we'll see each other hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thank you, it's helped a lot! I read in the prospectus that you have to do entry exams in Maths, Logic and Life drawing, but doesnt say it online. Did you have to do these?
    Hi there Ellie

Indeed you do - we all did.

If I remember correctly, 50+% is a pass for both the logic and the maths test and the life drawing was a series of poses in pencil (up until then, I had exclusively used charcoal so you can imagine my panic - especially after seeing everyone else's life drawings).

Like I said in the other thread, the Maths was mainly towards Trigonometry and Algebra but I'm afraid I can't point you towards any resources for the Logic test :P

Good luck!

All the best,

Brian

ReputationRep:
    I am just sending off my application!! I am applying for both the CVA course and the CAA course. I am studying Maths Mechanics, and did Physics at AS but I also am doing Art, and I'd first and foremost describe myself as an artist. Therefore, I didn't know which course to go for, so I settled with both! Good luck if you get an interview, might see you there!

ReputationRep:
    Omg, that's cool!!! hhh maybe we'll see each other hahaha
    maybe hahaha I am so exited!! I am sending my application next week!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SianVee)
    I am just sending off my application!! I am applying for both the CVA course and the CAA course. I am studying Maths Mechanics, and did Physics at AS but I also am doing Art, and I'd first and foremost describe myself as an artist. Therefore, I didn't know which course to go for, so I settled with both! Good luck if you get an interview, might see you there!
    thats awsome! I am applying for CVA too!
    I am doing :
    A2 maths
    A2 art
    BTEC music
    A2 spanish, and i did AS physics last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ximena Roldan)
    maybe hahaha I am so exited!! I am sending my application next week!
    Good Luck!!!

All the best,

Brian

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brian.insua)
    Good Luck!!!

All the best,

Brian

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview for CVA and CAA on 16th!!!! EEK

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Very well done - and Good Luck to you!

All the best,

Brian

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Very well done - and Good Luck to you!

All the best,

Brian
    Hi Brian, my interview for CVA and CAA will be on 9th of December. I've read your guide and it's really helpful! Well, as you mentioned the quick poses in life drawing, I would like to know about how long is the time bwtween two poses? I have practiced a lot on this, but the quickest I can do is roughly about 4min per pose so I'm so worrying about this...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiaoo)
    Hi Brian, my interview for CVA and CAA will be on 9th of December. I've read your guide and it's really helpful! Well, as you mentioned the quick poses in life drawing, I would like to know about how long is the time bwtween two poses? I have practiced a lot on this, but the quickest I can do is roughly about 4min per pose so I'm so worrying about this...
    Hi Xiaoo,

Congratulations on getting an interview! 😀 What time is your interview? 😊 Most of the CVA guys, including myself, have a workshop that morning so I can arrange something so you can come and talk to us if you'd like 😊

I'm glad to hear that you found my posts helpful 😊

If I remember correctly, they were shorter than that but I'm not 100% sure - my memory is currently failing me 😛

Don't be worried 😊 Just do your best and focus on the form and the line of action through the pose 😊

Best of luck!

All the best,

Brian

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey Brian!

I just thought of a question regarding the course. I know it would likely vary from year to year, but what kind of gender ratio is there on the CVA course in your year (and if you know, what is it like on the CAA course)? Just wondering as when I went to an open day the students at the talk were predominantly male.

Thanks!
    Sian

ReputationRep:
    Good luck Xiaoo!! Mine is exactly a week after yours. I hope the day goes well for you!
    (Original post by Xiaoo)

ReputationRep:
    Hey Brian!

I just thought of a question regarding the course. I know it would likely vary from year to year, but what kind of gender ratio is there on the CVA course in your year (and if you know, what is it like on the CAA course)? Just wondering as when I went to an open day the students at the talk were predominantly male.

Thanks!
    Sian
    Hi SianVee,

Good question 😊 I would say there is an almost 50/50 split of guys and girls in CVA (out of 65-70ish students) and for CAA, I would imagine that it's almost the same as well - although it feels like there are more girls in CAA than guys (it's not by much but I could be wrong) (that's out of about 55 students, by the way) 😛

Hope that helps 😊

Best of luck!

All the best,

Brian

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi SianVee,

Good question 😊 I would say there is an almost 50/50 split of guys and girls in CVA (out of 65-70ish students) and for CAA, I would imagine that it's almost the same as well - although it feels like there are more girls in CAA than guys (it's not by much but I could be wrong) (that's out of about 55 students, by the way) 😛

Hope that helps 😊

Best of luck!

All the best,

Brian

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi Brian,

That's really helpful to know, thanks!!

Sian

ReputationRep:
    Hi Brian,

That's really helpful to know, thanks!!

Sian
    No Worries Sian 😊

Best of luck!

All the best,

Brian

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.