The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emily Z
It is pretty obvious no?
When the Muslim's begin preferring the allures of this life and turn their back on the next life, Allah doesn't give them dominance.

Not a satisfactory reply because by the same logic non-muslims reject Allah and love this life and yet their countries are doing much better. It doesn't compute.
Reply 61
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
Not a satisfactory reply because by the same logic non-muslims reject Allah and love this life and yet their countries are doing much better. It doesn't compute.

Non-muslims do not believe in Islam, they are not tested/treated according to their belief in Islam
Honestly, tell them normally. Sit them down, explain your decision and explain how you hope they can understand your decision.

Make sure you've got somewhere to stay in-case things aren't civil when they find out and if things get really bad call Childline or even the police if you need to.
Hey, I'm an ex-muslim, now atheist.

I came out to my mum earlier this year and it was really shocking for her. I was planning on telling her when I become financially independent but I just couldn't wait, pretending to be muslim was so emotionally draining. I thought she would be really angry and kick me out but she didn't, however we had our ups and downs but we've come to an agreement that satisfies the both of us.

I can't tell you if you should come out or not, only you can make that decision. If pretending to be muslim is really having a severe impact on you then I would consider telling your family, unfortunately they could react really negatively and may even kick you out(fingers crossed they won't)...

If pretending to be muslim isn't really impacting you and you can wait till you become financially independent then do so. (:

But if you decide to come out I would plan out what I would do in the worst case scenario. This is not to put you off coming out but to make sure that you are prepared, it's a permanent decision.

I really wish you all the best, you can talk to me anytime. :hugs:
SOOoo i hope you don't mind me asking.. if you don't believe some of the stuff in islam what do you believe in? That we evolved from apes? The big bang theory? Its okay to marry the same sex?
Also do you think this is peer pressure. Would you say the media has a big influence in your decision?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 65
What exactly is the 'dark side of Islam'
I am in the same situation and I understand, for now just finish up your education and have some financial support. When worst comes to worst you can move out with a back up. :wink: That's what I am planning to do.
Original post by emily Z
Non-muslims do not believe in Islam, they are not tested/treated according to their belief in Islam

That is demonstrably false. Islamic doctrine dictates that we will all be judged on the Last Day according to Allah's Islamic requirements and criteria.
Original post by ssdizzy12
SOOoo i hope you don't mind me asking.. if you don't believe some of the stuff in islam what do you believe in? That we evolved from apes? The big bang theory? Its okay to marry the same sex?
Also do you think this is peer pressure. Would you say the media has a big influence in your decision?

We didn't evolve from apes, we share a common ancestor with them. But this and the Big Bang are supported by tonnes of evidence, Islam isn't.
Reply 69
Worst decision to ever make.
Original post by honeylooloo
what has made you think this? don't nod yourself with everything society says and go along with it. Society is ever-changing and the things you agree with now, in maybe 50 years time you'll look back and think 'wth'.

Has it not occurred to you that she may have abandoned Islam due to the nonsensical scriptures themselves rather than because of what "society says"?

Think deep and hard about everything you question and understand the foundations to why it has been placed within your faith. You're still very young and alot of things can only TRULY be understood through life experiences.

Indeed, including the experience that Islam is definitely false, which she has arrived at.

Ask your siblings why they are so passionate and why they believe what they do. Try to be open minded and atleast look at why things are a certain way. Also don't focus on the 'negative' of your faith, look into the positive aswell.

The irony of telling someone to be open minded when it is religious people who are far more likely to not even consider the possible truth of any other belief system.

Open mindedness also extends to critically analysing your religion and possibly coming to the conclusion that it's all a load of hogwash.
Curious, isn't it, that "kaffir" countries are on the whole so much more developed and have a higher quality of life than the countries where God's supposedly chosen people

Hello Plantagenet. Hope you're well.

How did this life you speak off, evolve?
So many ex muslims on this forum :eek3:
Original post by Highlander03
Hello Plantagenet. Hope you're well.

How did this life you speak off, evolve?

Through the process of evolution, in simplistic terms, by adapting to conditions in the environment to increase their chances of survival.
(edited 8 years ago)
Through the process of evolution, in simplistic terms, by adapting to conditions in th environment to increase their chances of survival.

Is this adaptation akin to exploitation, subjugation, genocide and perpetual warfare?
Original post by Highlander03
Is this adaptation akin to exploitation, subjugation, genocide and perpetual warfare?

:lolwut:
Reply 76
That is demonstrably false. Islamic doctrine dictates that we will all be judged on the Last Day according to Allah's Islamic requirements and criteria.

Yes we will all be judged on the last day BUT
the non-muslims work for this life and so are rewarded with this life, but the muslims work for the next life and are rewarded with that.
So when it comes to the Day of Judgement, the non-muslims(some exceptions) will be the losers, since their dues were paid in this life, but they gained nothing for the hereafter.
Original post by emily Z
Yes we will all be judged on the last day BUT
the non-muslims work for this life and so are rewarded with this life, but the muslims work for the next life and are rewarded with that.
So when it comes to the Day of Judgement, the non-muslims(some exceptions) will be the losers, since their dues were paid in this life, but they gained nothing for the hereafter.

Nonsense. This is just wriggling and squirming to get out of giving a satisfactory reply. There are plenty of muslims who are just as fortunate in "this life" as anyone else, so the notion that believers have hard lives on earth and great ones in heaven simply doesn't follow.

And this of course is ignoring the fact that neither Judgement Day nor hell exist.
Reply 78
Nonsense. This is just wriggling and squirming to get out of giving a satisfactory reply. There are plenty of muslims who are just as fortunate in "this life" as anyone else, so the notion that believers have hard lives on earth and great ones in heaven simply doesn't follow.

And this of course is ignoring the fact that neither Judgement Day nor hell exist.

Squirming and nonsense in your opinion? Like always you are annoyed that your attempts to find 'chinks' is not working.

Who said that muslims can't get the riches of this world? Allah is the ones who gives, and not everyone has just one test, the tests are different per person.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by emily Z
Squirming and nonsense in your opinion? Like always you are annoyed that your attempts to find 'chinks' is not working.

Who said that muslims can't get the riches of this world? Allah is the ones who gives, and not everyone has just one test, the tests are different per person.

Not at all, the chinks are exposed by your inconsistent explanations. On the one hand you claim non believers are given this life and now are claiming that some believers are as well. This shows you have no consistent or logical explanations to explain this, jumping between opposite claims when it suits you.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending