tomlfc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
does anyone know the actual definitions for correlational analysis and correlation coefficient? i can't find them anywhere.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses.

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :yy:

Spoiler:
Show
(Original post by Tank Girl)
x
Amy. J S
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've done some internet searching and found this one which explains both on the same page. I've also found a Simply Psychology piece on correlational methods- I prefer simply Psychology, I've printed so many of their resources out for my own study!
username2110825
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by tomlfc)
does anyone know the actual definitions for correlational analysis and correlation coefficient? i can't find them anywhere.
Correlational analysis: Well, as you know, a correlation is a relationship between two variables. So it's the analysis of those variables changing in an experiment.

Correlation coefficient: It's where you have two or more sets of data/scores for the same people or groups you're working on. By doing that, you can work out the direction and degree (positive/negative and how strong it is) of the two variables.
tomlfc
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
thankyoussss
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed