Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I need help regarding English student hoping to work in Law in the US watch

ReputationRep:
    I am currently studying at College and hope to move on to Uni but if i wanted to work in the US I know I would have to take the bar exam but would I have to do some sort of degree course.

Can someone please leave the steps I would need to take after Uni in the UK to work in Law in US and if state needed then NY

ReputationRep:
    JD then NY bar exam.

ReputationRep:
    To be able to compete in the US legal labour market, an undergrad degree, then a JD and then a state bar exam.

But many English lawyers who work in commercial law will just become qualified here and then transfer with their firm and work as an English qualified lawyer in their US office(s), taking a state bar exam if needed (usually if they are staying there long term).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This level of initiative is probably not what those sorts of firms are after.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.