Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

a question about my scalp condition.... watch

ReputationRep:
    ...and the possibility of growing back my hair (no, really).

(I say that more in hope, with a little hysterical laughter thrown in, than expectation)

About 10 years ago, i started a new job (went from instantly working in a supermarket to being an accountant - a job full of people i didn`t know and a hectic workload).

After 6 months in this job, i noticed i was getting patches - like cuts that had healed and scabbed over - on my scalp, then my hair went downhill from there. I still don`t know what this is or was. I have always taken reasonable care of my hair, but now, i look like Friar Tuck! My hair is grey, as thin as hell, with a bald crown.

It affects my abiltity to even remotely consider having a conversation with a woman, let alone my overall confidence level - which is why i`ve looked deeply into hair care and methods of even re-growing hair to see if it is possible.

From what i have read (and take with a slight pinch of salt), if you began to lose hair 10 or more years ago, your chances of ever growing it back are screwed!

I`ve been using a hair oil with biotin, saw palmetto and olive oil in it, as well as a different diet with various foods/teas and suppliments to assist in blocking the "bald-making" hormone DHT.

I take:

saw palmetto, biotin, maca, pumpkin seed oil, omega 3,6,9, flaxseed oil zinc, and today have stared taking He Shou Wu.

I have been taking everything in the list above (except the last one) for 10 weeks, and have yet to see any improvement in the thickness/growth of my hair.

What else can i do to assist in the cleansing of my scalp, which probably (even though i wash my hair 3 times a week) has a lot of crap on it not helping my bald situation?

Please! I`d really appreciate some guidance as to how to help my scalp "breathe" again?

Thanks!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 30, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.