Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is it weird if you want to be friendzoned watch

I would genuinely like to be friendzoned by a girl I had romantic feelings for. Sounds weird but friendzoned is much better than just being lonely all the time. Would be nice to be able to hang out with her and she her cute smile and big beady eyes looking at me and those giddy butterflies in my heart thinking about how amazing she is

ReputationRep:
    I am with you on that but wouldnt it be awkward when the girl who friendzones you is dating another guy?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    It sounds like you want a good 'friendship' rather than to be friendzoned.

ReputationRep:
    Tell her she has 'big beady eyes' and she will friendzone u lel.

ReputationRep:
    So, what you really want is to be with her, but you're so desperate to do so that even the prospect of being friends (provided she rejects you and wants a friendship) makes you giddy with excitement?

My guess is you may not feel that way if she does reject you, but go for it anyway. If she does say 'no' and you feel a platonic friendship with her is cool, then fair play.

ReputationRep:
    You wont be saying that when your friendzoned.

ReputationRep:
    Try and befriend her then. Mind you it doesn't sound as if you truly want to be friendzoned. If you get close you'll be longing to get your mitts on her too..

ReputationRep:
    Sounds pretty beta.

Basically I don't believe in alpha and beta and all that nonsense used by betas to try and bring down alphas....

But I will say, never accept second best with a girl you have romantic feelings for. It's either a relationship or nothing at all. If you do it will hurt your confidence in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    "Big, beady eyes"
    I'm dying 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I would genuinely like to be friendzoned by a girl I had romantic feelings for. Sounds weird but friendzoned is much better than just being lonely all the time. Would be nice to be able to hang out with her and she her cute smile and big beady eyes looking at me and those giddy butterflies in my heart thinking about how amazing she is
    I wanted to be friendzoned for other reasons, like he kept asking my friend if I would say yes to a date with him if he asked me and I kept saying no because it was awkward, my sister used to like him and he was just more of a good friend but it seems to me you want to be friendzoned and then wiggle your way out (or at least try- very difficult in my opinion) when you have spent more time together....
    why not just try and be friends and get to know each other now, and spend more time with each together and then see if her feelings change because if she does friendzone you now that might set you up for failure completely

(Original post by Awesome Genius)
    Sounds pretty beta.

Basically I don't believe in alpha and beta and all that nonsense used by betas to try and bring down alphas....

But I will say, never accept second best with a girl you have romantic feelings for. It's either a relationship or nothing at all. If you do it will hurt your confidence in the long run.
    But just talking to here makes me feel so happy. Even being near her gives me a dopamine rush. Its amazing

ReputationRep:
    But just talking to here makes me feel so happy. Even being near her gives me a dopamine rush. Its amazing
    please tell her

ReputationRep:
    So, do I understand..... You like a girl, you would like to be more than friends but would be 'just friends' if given that opportunity. What is your relationship with this girl at this point? You said you had romantic feelings for her but have you ever talked to her, have you been on a date with her?
    If you don't know her then you need to find a way to actually talk w/ her - who knows maybe those feelings will be reciprocated. If have dated her why do you think it didn't move forward? It is weird, I read a lot of posts here and know several girls who wished they had a boyfriend then I also know several girls who have guys who obviously like them and those girls are like: ugh, leave me alone. So, have you been in contact with this girl? Has she subtly tried to communicate that she's not feeling it - either directly or indirectly? Have you still continued to contact her? If so, she's the: ugh, leave me alone girl. If this is the case I would definitely let her go for a good while - several months. A lot can change in a few months time.
    I would definitely say to leave her alone for a while then in a few months hopefully you can see around (do you go to uni together?) and can casually walk up and say 'hello'. Then if that interaction goes well casually send her ONE text and see if she responds.(If she doesn't then leave it alone and move on.) But, things can change for the better with time and patience so don't overwhelm her w/ multiple texts expecting her to immediately respond etc. Be casual. If that one text goes well then after 3-4 days you can casually contact her again. Then ask if she'd meet up with you as friends. IF she says yes, then go with only friendship in mind. If nothing else hopefully you can build a friendship...... then you'll at least have the friend and you can see if anything else could develop but don't have expectations.
    Anyway, that is my suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    So, do I understand..... You like a girl, you would like to be more than friends but would be 'just friends' if given that opportunity. What is your relationship with this girl at this point? You said you had romantic feelings for her but have you ever talked to her, have you been on a date with her?
    If you don't know her then you need to find a way to actually talk w/ her - who knows maybe those feelings will be reciprocated. If have dated her why do you think it didn't move forward? It is weird, I read a lot of posts here and know several girls who wished they had a boyfriend then I also know several girls who have guys who obviously like them and those girls are like: ugh, leave me alone. So, have you been in contact with this girl? Has she subtly tried to communicate that she's not feeling it - either directly or indirectly? Have you still continued to contact her? If so, she's the: ugh, leave me alone girl. If this is the case I would definitely let her go for a good while - several months. A lot can change in a few months time.
    I would definitely say to leave her alone for a while then in a few months hopefully you can see around (do you go to uni together?) and can casually walk up and say 'hello'. Then if that interaction goes well casually send her ONE text and see if she responds.(If she doesn't then leave it alone and move on.) But, things can change for the better with time and patience so don't overwhelm her w/ multiple texts expecting her to immediately respond etc. Be casual. If that one text goes well then after 3-4 days you can casually contact her again. Then ask if she'd meet up with you as friends. IF she says yes, then go with only friendship in mind. If nothing else hopefully you can build a friendship...... then you'll at least have the friend and you can see if anything else could develop but don't have expectations.
    Anyway, that is my suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    Being friendzone'd is the absolute WORST. Cannot believe this bud. You might 'feel' all those things for her, but at the end of the day she doesn't feel, yet care about you in the same way. Personally, you should move on and find someone who cares about you truly, either she'll realise what's she's missing or potentially lose out on a really good thing. But don't screw yourself up over it.

ReputationRep:
    No you really don't want to be friend-zoned. You want a relationship but aren't brave enough to make your intentions clear due to a fear of rejection. Trust me this sort of thing never ends well for either party involved. Work on your self-confidence and either be direct in your interactions with girls or don't bother at all.

ReputationRep:
    I agree. That is what I want also.

ReputationRep:
    nope its abnormal

ReputationRep:
    You're asking if it's weird to not have sex with someone of the opposite gender but still want to be friends?
    No it isn't.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 4, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.