Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What the word Feminism actually (should) stand for, is an excellent field. Equality, something 99% of all humans desire.

However, what people don't desire, are one sided arguments. People will tend to oppose someone that only considers one side, it's a natural human reaction, which helps us to find the best arguments.

Everywhere, especially since the up rise of social media, all these random ideologies of sexism against women seem to always pop up, and it's just frustrating. I just wish all Feminists would realise that everybody wants equality, but nobody wants to listen to a group of people that only raise issues on one side of the table. It creates instant rejection, meaning we get nowhere.

Equality is very high on most humans priority list, yet for some reason, when I see a feminist post, it just frustrates me. I don't know why, but I feel like women are devaluing themselves.

I remember when I was young, girls were always treated like they were the more important sex. In all kids books, kids films, you have to be a hero and do everything in your power to get to be with this amazing girl. Yet as you grow older, all girls seem to just not want this sort of attention. You're not allowed to say someone is attractive without being called sexist.

And I worry that feminism is actually making gender inequality (the tiny amount of it that still exists) even worse, not better.

I do worry that women are too into this "I'm being oppressed" nature, it's making matter worse...

Can anyone offer a solution? I can tell feminism will never stop, they'll always have an agenda, but I genuinely think it's making it all worse.

Remember, men and women are different, not unequal Please help thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Did not read so fed up with this pseudo topic :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    :yawn:
    I ask for help and you yawn, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ComputerMaths97)
    I ask for help and you yawn, thanks.
    Help? Is this for an essay (doubt that)

Look love, you have turned to the propaganda of the Internet to tell you what feminism is. I don't blame you unless you're a sociologist whenever the term is bandied about all you can think of is Miley Cyrus gyrating and a war of words on online forums between bitter men and women who're taking eachother down under the head of 'I hate feminists' but really they're just pissed off that their girlfriend/boyfriend dumped them. Yes those lot are just making the situation worse for themselves that much is true...

But that is not feminism and nor is it helpful to women or anyone for that matter.

Most theories/schools of thought have complete idiots operating under the same head even if the majority are well meaning and perfectly reasonable in their 'agenda'. Now I'm not an expert on any of this but it's widely recognised that when feminism first came about it was definitely needed and even before the term 'feminism' was coined, there has always been strong women willing to fight for their rights which might have been jeopardised purely because of their gender. The trouble is now that whilst there has been worlds of progress there still isn't equality in many respects namely pay. Wouldn't you get angry whatever your genitals :teehee: if you got paid less for doing the same job as someone else? A few people on here have said that the reason feminism seems to be in a bit of a crisis at the moment is because the stupid few (immature people operating on Internet forums) are getting heard above the people who could quite calmly make a difference without any gyrating or nasty *****ing on forums . Erm yeah... There's some message in all of that I'm sure of it :mmm:

Edit: bingo basically in a sentence... Don't waste your precious time worrying about the propaganda and don't listen to sensationalist nonsense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Help? Is this for an essay (doubt that)

Look love, you have turned to the propaganda of the Internet to tell you what feminism is. I don't blame you unless you're a sociologist whenever the term is bandied about all you can think of is Miley Cyrus gyrating and a war of words on online forums between bitter men and women who're taking eachother down under the head of 'I hate feminists' but really they're just pissed off that their girlfriend/boyfriend dumped them. Yes those lot are just making the situation worse for themselves that much is true...

But that is not feminism and nor is it helpful to women or anyone for that matter.

Most theories/schools of thought have complete idiots operating under the same head even if the majority are well meaning and perfectly reasonable in their 'agenda'. Now I'm not an expert on any of this but it's widely recognised that when feminism first came about it was definitely needed and even before the term 'feminism' was coined, there has always been strong women willing to fight for their rights which might have been jeopardised purely because of their gender. The trouble is now that whilst there has been worlds of progress there still isn't equality in many respects namely pay. Wouldn't you get angry whatever your genitals :teehee: if you got paid less for doing the same job as someone else? A few people on here have said that the reason feminism seems to be in a bit of a crisis at the moment is because the stupid few (immature people operating on Internet forums) are getting heard above the people who could quite calmly make a difference without any gyrating or nasty *****ing on forums . Erm yeah... There's some message in all of that I'm sure of it :mmm:

Edit: bingo basically in a sentence... Don't waste your precious time worrying about the propaganda and don't listen to sensationalist nonsense
    Perfect response thanks!

Although there is evidently no gender pay gap*.

*Like an actual payed difference between a man and a women of equal age, credentials, education, experience ect ect, even thought this can't really be tested as we're all different and all perform differently in different fields regardless of gender, but yeah :P And once studies take into account maternity leave, studies may be more accurate Plus women have higher chances when regarding higher education statistically. But you don't hear me writing facebook pages and tumblr posts about it xD

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.