Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I went to London South Bank in Sept 1999 and received tuition loan and maintenance loan for a BA. I completed just over a year and a half but left through illness. I restared year two at Wolverhampton uni, again with student finance but left shortly after due to relocating to a different part of the country.

    I now want to return to education to do a BSc in diagnostic radiography at BCU. This would be an NHS funded course with possible NHS bursary. Will I be eligible? I have received different answers from student finance and NHS bursary advice lines.
    • Official TSR Representative

    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,Based on what you have described, it sounds as though you have had 3 years of previous study, however as the new course would be an NHS funded course, we would disregard your previous study, meaning you would receive funding from SFE. This would be reduced rate maintenance loan only. You would be eligible for this for the full course, however you would need to check with the NHS bursaries team if they would fund you for your tuition and bursaries, as they may have different eligibility criteria to us.Thanks
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.