Turn on thread page Beta

Am i the only one who thinks Heskeys mistake wasn't as bad as Gerrards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    well you seem more interested in another nation losing which is quite pathetic

i think the point is that because Scotland have no hope themselves they get bitter and patheticaly mock England when they fail
    yes scotland didn't get in but no im not bitter and i'm not pathetically mocking england when they fail. I like football and i'm going to watch the european championship regardless if scotland are in it.

I don't dislike england because they're [i]english[/], infact i like england and english people, i'm going to uni in england and i'm talking to english people right now. I just don't like the english football team because of the way they play football. its boring. today was a good example, they deserved to lose for the way they just sat back thinking 1-0 was enough. If they're not doing that they're launching pathetic long balls.

(go on as much as u like about scotland being crapper, i don't care )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    Both of the mistakes are equally bad. But, one of these two is probably sillier than the other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Heskey is a convienient scape goat for the failings of the entire team.
    Not at all, he just undid all the good work of 89 minutes of hard, defensive graft in one fell swoop. Name me one f*ck up in the England back line.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    em took a terrible penalty. he was probably thinking of bumming victoria and that other bird at the same time though :rolleyes: or what common tatoo to get next. or what 2+2 equals
    u cant just blame it on him what what steven huh? james? not their fault??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    yes scotland didn't get in but no im not bitter and i'm not pathetically mocking england when they fail. I like football and i'm going to watch the european championship regardless if scotland are in it.

I don't dislike england because they're [i]english[/], infact i like england and english people, i'm going to uni in england and i'm talking to english people right now. I just don't like the english football team because of the way they play football. its boring. today was a good example, they deserved to lose for the way they just sat back thinking 1-0 was enough. If they're not doing that they're launching pathetic long balls.

(go on as much as u like about scotland being crapper, i don't care )
    fair enough, but France wernt exactly playing amazing football, england were the only team that scored from open play.

but i agree, England in the 2nd half were just too negative, constantly playing the backward pass

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Heskey is a convienient scape goat for the failings of the entire team.
    thankyou. i'm not saying that because i'm scottish or i hate the english, it's because it's entirely ture.

do u think it will go as badly for him as it did for southgate and beckham?

i don't know how people can turn on their own players like that, it was a bloody mistake. He's played well for england for ages. His life might be made not worth living by the press now

ReputationRep:
    fair enough, but France wernt exactly playing amazing football, england were the only team that scored from open play.

but i agree, England in the 2nd half were just too negative, constantly playing the backward pass
    france were quite crap!!

ReputationRep:

no france were not nearly as sharp as i expected them to be. they passed it around well and kept possesion but were always missing the last link.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    france were quite crap!!
    especialy henry, they were surprsingly poor, which says it all about england

ReputationRep:
    gerrard played well throughout the game apart from his last mistake. heskey never did anything good. heskey is more to blame. i'd hardly call it a scape goat, obviously it's to do with the whole team, and heskey is the *****est player in it

ReputationRep:
    france were quite crap!!
    i support Arsenla but now i wanna squeez Henry's neck!!!

ReputationRep:

That is so so true, but they were told to play that way (Sven Gornna look for another job in the summer Erikksson) just like against Brazil in the world cup, we let them have the game when for the most part, we SHOULD and COULD have beaten them ourselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tis_me_lord)
    No, I think so too. But he wasn't to know Henry would do that, and Henry was due some action. He really should put up or shut up, useless today.

ReputationRep:
    especialy henry, they were surprsingly poor, which says it all about england
    yeah bt worry u gona gt into the quater finale

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    gerrard played well throughout the game apart from his last mistake. heskey never did anything good. heskey is more to blame. i'd hardly call it a scape goat, obviously it's to do with the whole team, and heskey is the *****est player in it
    People are far too quick to jump on Heskey's back. He serves a useful purpose, he was brought on to win headers from our long balls. Though at the time of the incident I was willing him to get in our box and win the headers there instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    i support Arsenla but now i wanna squeez Henry's neck!!!
    yeah but none of the attaquant were good apart from trezeguet who had 1/2 occasion

ReputationRep:
    yeah bt worry u gona gt into the quater finale
    after that i'm begining to doubt it

but yeah we should destroy the other 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    People are far too quick to jump on Heskey's back. He serves a useful purpose, he was brought on to win headers from our long balls. Though at the time of the incident I was willing him to get in our box and win the headers there instead.
    but did he win anything, Rooney was causing them so many more problems

ReputationRep:
    after that i'm begining to doubt it

but yeah we should destroy the other 2
    i think you'll win one, draw the other. You'll go through no doubt though.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.