Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

fu*kin heskey watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    People are far too quick to jump on Heskey's back. He serves a useful purpose, he was brought on to win headers from our long balls. Though at the time of the incident I was willing him to get in our box and win the headers there instead.
    whatever, everyone is gonna have a different opinion. you all know mine, so i won't comment anymore. anyone know how to change the thread title?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    whatever, everyone is gonna have a different opinion. you all know mine, so i won't comment anymore. anyone know how to change the thread title?
    Click edit on your first post

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    england were the only team that scored from open play.
    England's goal was from a set piece, hence the goal was not scored from open play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    but did he win anything, Rooney was causing them so many more problems
    Rooney was losing his legs. This brings back the case for Defoe's inclusion, he'd have been another option. Heskey did win a couple, I made sure to notice that.

I bet the press will be so stupid about this whole thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)
    England's goal was from a set piece, hence the goal was not scored from open play

don't be so pedantic

ReputationRep:
    come on tk, you'll be alright in then end. You'll go through 2nd and anything could happen from there on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysticmin)
    Click edit on your first post
    it didn't work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guest1984)

Yes it was, as the header was during open play. Don't be the annoying idiot please.

ReputationRep:
    you cannot blame beckham or heskey

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fatboyslim)
    you cannot blame beckham or heskey
    i blame the whole team, and sven, and yes, i can blame them.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney was losing his legs. This brings back the case for Defoe's inclusion, he'd have been another option. Heskey did win a couple, I made sure to notice that.

I bet the press will be so stupid about this whole thing.
    Rooney did lose it a little but he was the only threat, the way we played Owen was left all on his own twiddling his thumbs and we were too reluctant to go forward, the one person to blame if any is Sven for his appalling tactics, time and time again he draws out poor perforances wasting our best players in roles they play poorly in, Heskey/Gerrard were at fault but at the end of the day, Sven had no confidence in the players who would have won the game under a different manager perhaps.

ReputationRep:
    i blame the whole team, and sven, and yes, i can blame them.

i mean yoy cannot blamer them as individuals.

lots of players did not perform well, heskey had to challenge. blame sven for not putting men on the lin eon the free kick and for playing so negatively.

ReputationRep:

lots of players did not perform well, heskey had to challenge. blame sven for not putting men on the lin eon the free kick and for playing so negatively.
    i was screaming 'put someone on the line'

we needed ashley cole on the line just in case

ReputationRep:

i do, i blame them all

ReputationRep:
    I thought our four defenders were exceptional. King obviously stood out, but for me Ashley Cole was impressive. He cancelled Pires out fantastically, and I'm a converted man, I know he can defend now. He was ruthless and in a sense intelligent about it, he knows what Pires is like and he used that knowledge. I thought no-one apart from Owen (thanks to Thuram's performance) offered less than they should have tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it was, as the header was during open play. Don't be the annoying idiot please.
    jesus christ, i was just stating my opinion, there was no need for that!!!

:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I thought our four defenders were exceptional. King obviously stood out, but for me Ashley Cole was impressive. He cancelled Pires out fantastically, and I'm a converted man, I know he can defend now. He was ruthless and in a sense intelligent about it, he knows what Pires is like and he used that knowledge. I thought no-one apart from Owen (thanks to Thuram's performance) offered less than they should have tonight.
    I agree our defence was incredible, Neville was very solid and consistent, Cole great going forward and tracking back, Cambell played a blinder, King a fanastic debut.

Owen was wasted up there, he had no support not his fault really, that is a Heskey/Shearer role to play up there not little Owen who should have come deep really, but hey Sven put him up there and it didn't work.

ReputationRep:
    How does Heskey keep getting picked? It's the thing that infuriates me so much! Vassell for Owen was acceptable, Hargreaves for Scholes brought a welcome change. But what possible impact could Heskey have, what has he ever done? Wake up Sven!

ReputationRep:
    locked!move to ultimate football thread!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 13, 2004
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.