Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone! I don't want to bother anyone, but if you have a few minutes, can you please answer this question for my economics homework?

You are a resident of the dorm. Right now, it is very noisy and difficult to sleep, study, and do leisure activities because of the high volume of noise from the nearby traffic on an adjacent busy road.

To solve this problem, your university has proposed to build an anti-noise wall between your dorm and the busy road, which will completely eliminate noise that comes from the busy street. There is a picture below, but it is quite blurry.

However, in order for this wall to be constructed, each dorm resident must pay 220 pounds. Would you agree to pay this additional cost for noise reduction at your dorm?

YES, in full
    Yes, partial amount: ______________ (please write amount)
    NO

Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg dorm.jpg (106.6 KB)

ReputationRep:
    I would answer "No" since being a student will make me think a lot before spending. I will probably purchase a cheaper pair of ear plugs, or invest in better headphones that can also be used for my music.

And if you don't mind
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3677673

Thank you in advance!

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.