Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, my teeth are VERY crowded they are absolutely awful, by far my biggest insecurity. I never smile in photos and am always connscious about them.

So my dentist said that he can fix them over two operations which he describes as 'complex surgery.' He said its not complex in the sense that its not dangerous but whats going to occur during the surgery is complex. I'm going to have 4 teeth extracted, two of which are baby teeth and they don't fright me. However, the other two are adult teeth which yet havent erupted, they are still under my gums. Therefore, the gum is going to be cut to remove those teeth- these are around about in the roof of my mouth.

Not only this I will be under IV sedation- which terrifies me, Im so scared that I'll have an allergic reaction or something can go wrong.

How do I get over this fear/ what would you do?

Tanx for all help and advice.

ReputationRep:
    Its a piece of cake , I had two unerupted teeth removed and felt fine after a few minutes, I even bike 3 miles home from the dentist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maker)
    Its a piece of cake , I had two unerupted teeth removed and felt fine after a few minutes, I even bike 3 miles home from the dentist.
    Where about were these teeth and were you under IV?

ReputationRep:
    The were upper molars, both sides. I had local.

ReputationRep:
    Come on, teeth is important a couple of years will fly by.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.