Science GCSE if doing Access?

Watch this thread
Jud1
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I am going to apply for Child nursing at uni in 2016 and I'm doing an access course, plus maths and english GCSE. My course has Biology, Anatomy and Physiology at Level 3, but was wondering if I should try and get science at GCSE as well. One of my tutors mentioned that the unis will still favour someone with science GCSE even though access is A level. My college is doing biology and chemistry fast track gcse courses, but not general science GCSE. What do you think? Is it worth getting a bio or chem GCSE, or just too much work? Any thoughts appreciated x
katienursing2015
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 years ago
I'm doing an access course and applying for children's nursing too!! I know a few people on my course are taking the science GCSE alongside the course so it's definitely possible, you have just got to decide whether you think you will manage. Also look at the universities you want to apply to and see if they want GCSE science - only one of the universities I'm applying to says I need it. Possibly email or ring them up? I did igcse biology last year to get a better grade because I got a D in science and got a C this time. It is something good to have to improve your application but like I said if they only want maths and English at GCSE and you are doing a science based course now then they probably won't care about it.
Jud1
Rep:
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Yeah, thanks. Thats what i'm thinking tbh. Just want to give myself as good a chance as possible, but actually none of the unis i'm applying to say they want science at GCSE xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (132)
66.33%
No (45)
22.61%
I didn't use it to prepare (22)
11.06%

Watched Threads