The Student Room Group

A message to all White Knights

Scroll to see replies

Sounds like someone failed to pull and is looking for someone else to blame.
Original post by Maker
If you are so alpha as you imply, why did you tell them to take a hike or were you too scared of these betas?

I bet your date was unimpressed by being harrassed and you did nothing about it. You are not called chicken for nothing.

Lmao. She did actually complain that I didn't tell one of em to go away but I don't do stuff like that unless specifically asked by the girl because otherwise I'd just be acting like the people I complained about. I wasn't there for alot of it anyway. She mainly told me about the stuff that happened and what they were saying in bed later that night so.

Also she wasn't my date.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Maker
If you are so alpha as you imply, why did you tell them to take a hike or were you too scared of these betas?

I bet your date was unimpressed by being harrassed and you did nothing about it. You are not called chicken for nothing.

You could argue that as the "alpha male" he has to be "the leader of the pack" and therefore has to be wise to not cause a scene. Playing devils advocate and all that.
Anyway I'm off to the chinese buffet to cure my hang over. Learn from my OP everyone. White knighting is not cool. And you just get bitched about by the girl you're trying to white knight
Reply 24
Original post by The_Internet
You could argue that as the "alpha male" he has to be "the leader of the pack" and therefore has to be wise to not cause a scene. Playing devils advocate and all that.

I did not say he had to create a scene, he could have used his authority to stop unwanted behaviour but did not therefore, his implication he is an alpha and the ones doing the annoying were beta is doubtful.
Original post by Maker
I did not say he had to create a scene, he could have used his authority to stop unwanted behaviour but did not therefore, his implication he is an alpha and the ones doing the annoying were beta is doubtful.

Was just playing devils advocate, Mr Maker :smile:

Besides, if we're to take this whole alpha/beta thing seriously, by in large, humans are social creatures, so then supposedly alpha people would be able to tell someone x and they'd do it, because they can lead well and because they respect someone

The one who bullies (or at least attempt to bully) the others, in terms of humans, is more than likely a supposed "beta" who is probably highly insecure about themselves.

Which is ironic really, cos those who believe they are "alpha" a) probably aren't if they have to say so b) They can't really get the respect of those around them. Humans are social beings. If you are the alpha, you still need people around you, instead of pushing people away. You're going to do pretty badly otherwise. Rant over
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 26
Original post by ChickenMadness

'eeey I think Chicken's tryna get with you. Want me to have a word with him?'
"nah I'm trying to get with him actually."
'oh..... I think he's tryna get with Kim though actually. I can still talk to him ."
"Uh ye it's fine chill out mate."

Your real name is Chicken? :eek4:
Original post by Josb
Your real name is Chicken? :eek4:

It's Kyle actually lel.
lol this isn't trolling. This is a legitimate problem that a lot of men who haven't grown up yet have. For example last night I was chilling with this girl on the sofa in the uni bar and when I left to talk to other people guys kept coming up to her being idiots. This is an example of one of the convos. (I'm serious when I go back with girls they always tell me the pathetic stuff that goes on).

'eeey I think Chicken's tryna get with you. Want me to have a word with him?'
"nah I'm trying to get with him actually."
'oh..... I think he's tryna get with Kim though actually. I can still talk to him ."
"Uh ye it's fine chill out mate."

There were 4 of these guys hovering around her trying to cause drama and be some knight in shining armour by cock blocking her lmao.

It's annoying for the girl too.

It's not even being a knight in shining armour if you're cock blocking her (strong lol @ cock blocking a girl) just "if I can't have you nobody can" and ****ing annoying.

The guy I know is a legit douche sometimes too so it's not even like I don't like him because of his looks, he's rude about girls he thinks are ugly behind their backs. And when he sees me with the guy I like/that guy is flirting back he gets 10 times more obnoxious (he rolled up his sleeves once lmao because the other guy was talking about having gone to the gym). Oh and if we're in the same room or something he will always find an excuse to be around. Like the other day he randomly started cleaning the kitchen top because we were both on the sofa there watching a movie.

People like that need to grow the **** up instead of feeling entitled to women and getting mad when women don't like them because they have bitchy sulky personalities.

@Etomidate :rofl:
(edited 8 years ago)

I dislike the way society teaches us that a true leader is civilised and polite, like a ball-less British politician

My best memory of high school is completely beating the **** out of some guy in front of a crowd of 15 people, then rather than being shunned as some sort of despicable savage as I expected, being lauded as some sort of conquering hero by the onlookers. Like a Roman General returning to a victory parade.
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
I dislike the way society teaches us that a true leader is civilised and polite, like a ball-less British politician

My best memory of high school is completely beating the **** out of some guy in front of a crowd of 15 people, then rather than being shunned as some sort of despicable savage as I expected, being lauded as some sort of conquering hero by the onlookers. Like a Roman General returning to a victory parade.

You command way more respect, and can lead way more people if they respect you. If they fear you, then expect someone to rise up against you really.

in your scenario, you beat the **** out of someone who was probably feared, instead of respected, so if you beat that person up ie: the oppressor as it were, then you'd get that respect really.
Original post by RiotGirll

Thank you supreme gentleman
You command way more respect, and can lead way more people if they respect you. If they fear you, then expect someone to rise up against you really.

in your scenario, you beat the **** out of someone who was probably feared, instead of respected, so if you beat that person up ie: the oppressor as it were, then you'd get that respect really.

He did start it which is why I don't feel I did anything wrong, even if my reaction was disproportionately extreme

I enjoyed it though, give the experience, 8/10
Original post by Masih ad-Dajjal
He did start it which is why I don't feel I did anything wrong, even if my reaction was disproportionately extreme

I enjoyed it though, give the experience, 8/10

Not 6/8?
Seriously tho OP I agree.. having a guy chase you around and constantly come over and interrupt when you're clearly into another guy and he's into you. das not it mane. (slightly rustled right now)

Jimmies were rustled.

There's a difference between acting like you're the girls dad not letting her do anything for herself, thinking that's going to impress her (white knight). And just being a normal respectful person.

Don't forget the obsessive stalking and frustrated entitlements.
(edited 8 years ago)
Not 6/8?

Give it 69 :smug:

Thank you supreme gentleman.
Reply 37
White Knights, in most cases, can be told to **** off and they'll do so. If you reject them hard enough they'll go off and be mopey, probably threaten to kill themself or some crap they don't have the balls to do. Stop being too polite to over attached cockblockers, or you can't complain about them.

**** you, Supreme Gentleman. Learn how to design posters better, that one's ****e.
You know who you are. You need to stop coming onto girls that clearly have their eyes on someone else. Talking **** to said girl about who ever it is that she's trying to bang.

Serious though girls can think for themselves stop trying to talk down to them like you're their father when they want to bang someone other than you ("you sure thats a good idea?" ) lmao.

We will always laugh at your misogynistic beta white knight pickup attempts and attitude in bed later that night. :redface:

Thank you for your time.

how do you define a white knight ?

someone who only helps a girl because he wants to impress her ? or someone genuinely concerned for her safety
You know who you are. You need to stop coming onto girls that clearly have their eyes on someone else. Talking **** to said girl about who ever it is that she's trying to bang.

Serious though girls can think for themselves stop trying to talk down to them like you're their father when they want to bang someone other than you ("you sure thats a good idea?" ) lmao.

We will always laugh at your misogynistic beta white knight pickup attempts and attitude in bed later that night. :redface:

Thank you for your time.

Lmao. I found your OP entertaining! What happened?!

Quick Reply

Latest