Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am currently on my gap year and whilst I have tried to look for work that isn’t office admin or retail it has been rather unsuccessful. As a result I have decided to continue to look for a work but in the meantime I am considering starting my own pc repair business. I also need to send a university application very soon and I figured that showing a bit of entrepreneurship will look very good considering I am applying for a business related course.

I have done some research and in the area (Lewisham, London)there are a few small computer repair stores as well as curry’s/pc world. But the advantage I have is that I can easily undercut their prices and I will be able to travel to people’s homes within the area which is something these places don’t offer. However most these places do a lot than just repairs PC’s and laptops e.g. iPhone repair. This is something I can learn in the long term but I think it will be much easier to start out just repairing computers for now.I have looked into marketing. There are plenty of local newspapers and newsagents I can put up ads in and I can also make use of the web.

I am basically just looking for some advice as to how viable this might be. To be clear this doesn’t have to support me financially although that would be a bonus. Furthermore I will have to work from my home so I can’t have a store front or anything like that.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.