Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Good day everybody!
    I have just registered with this forum.
    I was wondering if someone could be so kind as to help me.
    I have been searching on the internet for a short story since yesterday already but I haven't found what I have been looking for.
    I am looking for a short story about parenting.
    There might be also good novels about parenting but the problem is that I would then need to find the right part to use as an extract, which requires lots of time and I do not have enough time at my disposal at the moment, unfortunately. Otherwise, if someone knows a suitable excract of a novel, that would be also fine.

To sum up, I am looking for a short fictional text with the theme of parenting (e.g. a text dealing with very strict parents, or with very loving parents, or how parents teach their children a lesson, of.....)

I would be very grateful if you could help me with this issue.
    Many thanks in advance!
    Regards,
    tirocinante

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tirocinante)
    Good day everybody!I have just registered with this forum.I was wondering if someone could be so kind as to help me.I have been searching on the internet for a short story since yesterday already but I haven't found what I have been looking for.I am looking for a short story about parenting.There might be also good novels about parenting but the problem is that I would then need to find the right part to use as an extract, which requires lots of time and I do not have enough time at my disposal at the moment, unfortunately. Otherwise, if someone knows a suitable excract of a novel, that would be also fine.To sum up, I am looking for a short fictional text with the theme of parenting (e.g. a text dealing with very strict parents, or with very loving parents, or how parents teach their children a lesson, of.....)I would be very grateful if you could help me with this issue.Many thanks in advance!Regards,tirocinante
    loads of interesting ones on this website but here's one:

http://www.moralstories.org/the-wooden-bowl/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    loads of interesting ones on this website
    Thanks, could you provide me with some titles or direct links?
    It would be great.

Well, it is nice but I need it for school and it must be known literature. T
    By the way, I need it for senior classe.

I appreciate your help. Thank you a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, could you provide me with some titles or direct links?
    It would be great.

Well, it is nice but I need it for school and it must be known literature. T
    By the way, I need it for senior classe.

I appreciate your help. Thank you a lot!
    oh hmmmm what about to kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee? that has some parenting themes in it.
    http://www.enotes.com/homework-help/...hat-his-356763

can't find extracts and i read it a long time ago but there's something about parenting in there^ and it's known - not a short story though

sorry i couldn't help but yeah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    oh hmmmm what about to kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee? that has some parenting themes in it.
    http://www.enotes.com/homework-help/...hat-his-356763

can't find extracts and i read it a long time ago but there's something about parenting in there^ and it's known - not a short story though

sorry i couldn't help but yeah

Thanks a lot, again!

I will have a look at it, immediately.
    Hopefully, I'll find a good extract. I cannot read it through carfully, I can just gallop through it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot, again!

I will have a look at it, immediately.
    Hopefully, I'll find a good extract. I cannot read it through carfully, I can just gallop through it.
    haha no problem! good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.