Turn on thread page Beta

Teachers bullying students watch

Announcements

I do a course with a clinical elements and the teachers quite often ***** about the students. Clinical supervisors now and in the past have pulled people up in front of patients and given them a dressing down. I fortunately have not really had this happen to me but I've seen it happen. I know that people have complained about this treatment and I personally have complained in the feedback form given to us for the clinical module.

Recently one of the clinical supervisors has started to make comments. I don't wear the regular clinical trousers because I find them uncomfortable so I just wear regular black trousers. One day I was in clinic and she pointed out my black trousers to a colleague and they started laughing. Another time I over heard her saying she's stupid I am not sure she was talking about me but I think it was quite unprofessional. Also last year I got a first in my first exam for a module but yet when I put my hand up to answer questions in that module she acted like I didn't exist and never picked me, I eventually gave up. Another student has said that this particular lecturer criticized her in front of a patient and took over treatment only to find out the students assessment of the situation was correct, however there was no apology. I've also heard that she's been very funny with people; one minute nice then the next minute snappy.

I am wondering if its anything to do with her personal life she has been with a boyfriend long term but he shows no signs of committing. What would people do in my situation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I do a course with a clinical elements and the teachers quite often ***** about the students. Clinical supervisors now and in the past have pulled people up in front of patients and given them a dressing down. I fortunately have not really had this happen to me but I've seen it happen. I know that people have complained about this treatment and I personally have complained in the feedback form given to us for the clinical module.

Recently one of the clinical supervisors has started to make comments. I don't wear the regular clinical trousers because I find them uncomfortable so I just wear regular black trousers. One day I was in clinic and she pointed out my black trousers to a colleague and they started laughing. Another time I over heard her saying she's stupid I am not sure she was talking about me but I think it was quite unprofessional. Also last year I got a first in my first exam for a module but yet when I put my hand up to answer questions in that module she acted like I didn't exist and never picked me, I eventually gave up. Another student has said that this particular lecturer criticized her in front of a patient and took over treatment only to find out the students assessment of the situation was correct, however there was no apology. I've also heard that she's been very funny with people; one minute nice then the next minute snappy.

I am wondering if its anything to do with her personal life she has been with a boyfriend long term but he shows no signs of committing. What would people do in my situation?
    Complain about her to someone higher up, because by the looks of it she seems quite unprofessional and I would go as far as saying that what she is doing comes across as bullying.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.