Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, so it's Halloween tonight n I don't think I have anyone to go out with. The people I've texted are acting like I'm already going to be out to meet them. So I'm guessing they're not really up for going out with me. I don't want to turn up with no friends if I ask to meet them.

Everytime I go out I see someone I know, and we always talk and hang out. I've just never been out completely by myself before. There's this same bar that most people I know go to, so I see and interact with most people there. Would it look weird if I went there by myself? And if you saw an acquaintance by themselves and they started talking to you, would you let them hang around with you? Or would you think it was weird that they were alone?

ReputationRep:
    depends on their approach, because your anon i don't know your gender but if you explain to people at the bar near you that your friends have ditched you then you can just get talking

(Original post by Justmoll28)
    depends on their approach, because your anon i don't know your gender but if you explain to people at the bar near you that your friends have ditched you then you can just get talking
    I'm a girl. And, yeah, I was thinking of saying that I was looking for someone, and asking to just wait with them. Would that work?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm a girl. And, yeah, I was thinking of saying that I was looking for someone, and asking to just wait with them. Would that work?
    probably haha

Thanks!

Would anyone else do this?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I would do it tbh, I'd find it quite weird

(Original post by KiwiDream)
    I don't think I would do it tbh, I'd find it quite weird
    Really? How come? Not even if you had talked to this person before and hung out with them? I know the regulars will be there, and I've talked to them with no one there before. One time my friend went home, and I asked to hang with them, and they said that I could. So would it be weird if I saw them again?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.