Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Applying for student finance when your partner is on disability living allowance watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone please tell me if you have to include your partners financial details when you apply for student finance if she is classed as disabled and on disability living allowance she is also retired.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Do you live with your partner? DLA isn't counted as income for student finance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    Do you live with your partner? DLA isn't counted as income for student finance.
    Thanks,yes i do live with my partner and she is also in receipt of state pension do you no if that is counted also.Can,t seem to get any definate answers from sfw about it. I have applied for funding for a part time course in arts and humanities due to start in february

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chris63)
    Thanks,yes i do live with my partner and she is also in receipt of state pension do you no if that is counted also.Can,t seem to get any definate answers from sfw about it. I have applied for funding for a part time course in arts and humanities due to start in february
    Part-time courses only qualify for tuition fee loans, which aren't income-assessed. If this is all you've applied for, then household income isn't relevant.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Part-time courses only qualify for tuition fee loans, which aren't income-assessed. If this is all you've applied for, then household income isn't relevant.
    The funding for SFW (student finance Wales) is different. See here for more info.

ReputationRep:
    The funding for SFW (student finance Wales) is different. See here for more info.
    Thanks again for your replies,i have applied for the tuition fee loan and grant so hopefully one of them are not means tested,i will be fine if they only take my yearly wages into account but it,s touch and go if they take my partners aswell.I intend to contact SFW again tomorrow to try and clarify it.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Good catch - thanks!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.