Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What I did today. What are you doing today? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I had a few hours to kill so I went to camden town today. I bought a vegan pizza from one stall, a vegan cookie from another stall and freshly squeezed orange juice from a 3rd stall! I love living so close to it! :woo: Camden rocks! Also no one gave me any evil looks cos of my bushy overgrown beard either :cool:

15mins till the world cup final folks! Who's watching it and what are you guys up to today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rock_climber86)
    So I had a few hours to kill so I went to camden town today. I bought a vegan pizza from one stall, a vegan cookie from another stall and freshly squeezed orange juice from a 3rd stall! I love living so close to it! :woo: Camden rocks! Also no one gave me any evil looks cos of my bushy overgrown beard either :cool:

15mins till the world cup final folks! Who's watching it and what are you guys up to today?
    I have fond memories of living in Camden too. Being solicited by a prostitute at 11 pm just outside my house, finding puke on the pavement outside the pub at 9pm, and seeing homeless men pee behind the dumpsters were truly magical times for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bupdeeboowah)
    I have fond memories of living in Camden too. Being solicited by a prostitute at 11 pm just outside my house, finding puke on the pavement outside the pub at 9pm, and seeing homeless men pee behind the dumpsters were truly magical times for me.
    ewww gross. Lucky I have never had that experience :eek:

ReputationRep:
    ewww gross. Lucky I have never had that experience :eek:
    Never found a syringe on the streets? Then you're not a true Camdenite, filthy hipster!

ReputationRep:
    Work, as always

ReputationRep:
    recovering from a hangover
    Then planning to subject myself to another hangover considering it's halloween.

ReputationRep:
    Trying to avoid getting myself or my property egged tonight as it is Halloween here in England, UK

And I absolutely HATE football, worst and most boring thing ever !!

ReputationRep:
    Never found a syringe on the streets? Then you're not a true Camdenite, filthy hipster!
    nope, never found a syringe. I go after they've cleared up all that nonsense!

edit: world cup final just started NZ vs OZ on itv1 - watch it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I love life)
    Trying to avoid getting myself or my property egged tonight as it is Halloween here in England, UK

And I absolutely HATE football, worst and most boring thing ever !!
    It's not the football world cup final..
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    I went into town this morning. When will I learn that Saturday is never a good idea to go into town?

I've spent the rest of the on here and foam rolling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OU Student)
    I went into town this morning. When will I learn that Saturday is never a good idea to go into town?

I've spent the rest of the on here and foam rolling.
    What is foam rolling?

ReputationRep:

Camden is my favourite place as well which is very natural and cool place for me...

ReputationRep:
    Finishing off the last of my work before going off to a party

ReputationRep:
    Is no one watching the rugby? It's amazing!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm moving to London soon, considering Camden.

Bad idea if you can afford another area? :lol:

Heard there are a lot of hipsters whom I hate. The canals etc. sound pretty tho

Is it pretty trashy as well?

ReputationRep:
    I went skiing earlier, then went to see the new James Bond film

Just been for a run, and have a party to go to tonight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    I'm moving to London soon, considering Camden.

Bad idea if you can afford another area? :lol:

Heard there are a lot of hipsters whom I hate. The canals etc. sound pretty tho

Is it pretty trashy as well?
    Some in Camden places are nice, no doubt - but the streets can get very rough and dodgy. How rough? For one, the streets are quieter at 11pm than at 2am.

Nevertheless, Camden's actually very good in terms of transport links and amenities for the price you'll be paying

But so, so trashy at times.

ReputationRep:
    Some in Camden places are nice, no doubt - but the streets can get very rough and dodgy. How rough? For one, the streets are quieter at 11pm than at 2am.

Nevertheless, Camden's actually very good in terms of transport links and amenities for the price you'll be paying

But so, so trashy at times.
    I thought Soho was the place with hookers

Do loads of people in Camden do drugs and stuff?

What areas are good if you're not a billionaire lol

ReputationRep:
    loll i was confused also... football world cup final

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RiotGirll)
    I thought Soho was the place with hookers

Do loads of people in Camden do drugs and stuff?

What areas are good if you're not a billionaire lol
    Soho hookers are more professional and are managed by pimps; Camden hookers are chain-smoking druggies (but definitely cheaper!),

Not sure whether they still do hard drugs, but I have a friend who used to stay there about 20 years ago who said that people would do drugs/sell drugs on the street then. My neighbours did smoke marijuana though.

There are no good areas which are affordable - Central London is simply too overpriced for the average person!

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.