Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Back in the end of year 7 we were forced to pick options.I picked Geography because i walked inside the classroom and on the board there was a topic about "china's one child policy".I thought Geo would be easy based on that little encounter (i was little back then.Stupid school made us choose so early on).Anyways,what were the reason why you did(or didn't) pick a subject for

ReputationRep:
    I picked French for the ebacc and it's not counted anymore >.>. Still a good subject to do but hate it.

ReputationRep:
    Listening to advice from the college on enrolment day.
    (Edit: As if they knew what they were talking about.)

ReputationRep:
    I picked drama because I enjoyed it in year nine. I ended up liking the written cw more than the practical.

ReputationRep:
    My reasoning for choosing A Level German: 'cause why the hell not. :rofl:*

*for serious though I do actually enjoy the subject, but I literally have 0 reason as to why I specifically wanted to do that language at A Level.

ReputationRep:
    I chose French because one lesson in year 7 the teacher brought in croissants for us. Spanish did no such thing.

ReputationRep:
    IT teacher was fit af loool

ReputationRep:
    Taking ICT because I thought I'd learn some cool sh*t. (spoiler alert: I didn't)

ReputationRep:
    I chose History because I thought it'd help support my uni application (has it? Not really, I wanna study Dentistry ).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vicky628)
    I chose French because one lesson in year 7 the teacher brought in croissants for us. Spanish did no such thing.
    Sounds like something i'd do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenshades)
    I chose History because I thought it'd help support my uni application (has it? Not really, I wanna study Dentistry ).
    History's well respected though.I'm gonna do it at A level most likely,despite the fact i didn't do history at gcse

That reminds me.I'm really good at English.History,in hindsight(now) i realise it was tailored for me.I would've been top of the class. Unfortunatly,we had to pick our options in the end of year 7 and my history teacher kept us behind every time afterschool and break.As a kid you valued these times.Now i don't really care,i actually work during break,lunch etc.Thats why i never chose history.Because of a mean teacher

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenshades)
    Made me laugh so it gets my rep

ReputationRep:
    Picked Philosophy because I liked to argue about useless things a lot. Looking back, I should have definitely done Politics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crazecatlady)
    Picked Philosophy because I liked to argue about useless things a lot. Looking back, I should have definitely done Politics.
    Haha!

ReputationRep:
    Chose English literature for as level because I liked reading. That changed as it was mainly poetry ewh

ReputationRep:
    My R.S teacher said to me " You're taking R.S as one of your options, right"? As I got a good test score in year 8- I lied to her and said yes because I felt bad, but changed it from drama in the end so she wouldn't catch me... I'm glad I don't take drama though- R.S is easier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    My R.S teacher said to me " You're taking R.S as one of your options, right"? As I got a good test score in year 8- I lied to her and said yes because I felt bad, but changed it from drama in the end so she wouldn't catch me... I'm glad I don't take drama though- R.S is easier
    Hey,did you see your message i posted on your profile yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    My product design teacher told me "Make sure your doing Product Design" at the end of year 7 sports day haha.I picked it,and i regret it to this day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blancosdos)
    History's well respected though.I'm gonna do it at A level most likely,despite the fact i didn't do history at gcse

That reminds me.I'm really good at English.History,in hindsight(now) i realise it was tailored for me.I would've been top of the class. Unfortunatly,we had to pick our options in the end of year 7 and my history teacher kept us behind every time afterschool and break.As a kid you valued these times.Now i don't really care,i actually work during break,lunch etc.Thats why i never chose history.Because of a mean teacher
    Aw that sucks It's alright though, unis tend to pay a lot more attention to your A-Levels than GCSEs anyway I didn't do History at A-Level but I think it's a lot more interesting than at GCSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Banana00)
    Made me laugh so it gets my rep
    Haha thanks

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.