Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am a student studying GCSE English and I have international baccalaureate. I have contacted two universities regarding pharmacy course (as I was a pharmacy student in my country) and they advice me to make a formal application to consider it. I am a refugee have indefinite leave to remain since April 2014; am I eligible to student finance? Is there any exception for the three years rule or there is no way to get a finance support before this period? Thank you
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi,

As you have refugee status you do not need to meet the 3 years residency requirement. You will be eligible to apply for full funding.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I just want to make sure; is that mean that ILTR (indefinite leave to remain) has no effect on the eligiblity? I've been told that since I have ILTR, I will be treated as a home student. Therefore, I have to have three years residency? Thank you very much for your clarification.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Have you been granted refugee status or just indefinite leave to remain?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I entered to the UK as a refugee and the status I have is ILTR (indefinite leave to remain).
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi

If you have been fully granted indefinite leave to remain then the following conditions apply and are the same as a home student:

• You must be ordinarily resident in the UK for three years prior to the first day of the academic year of the course
    • You must be resident in England on the first day of the first academic year of your course
    • You must hold ILR status prior to the first day of the first academic year of your course (If ILR was awarded after the start of your course you will not be eligible)
    Thanks

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.