Turn on thread page Beta

I am in my first year of uni and basically Monday night I got too drunk and told one of my flatmates that I really liked her and kept telling her. It is true I do like her but she has a boyfriend so I would never have said anything if I was sober. I couldn't remember anything but she told me yesterday what I had said and she told me that everyone in the flat who heard what I said keeps asking her if things are awkward between us. She said no but I think things might still be bad. What can I do to make sure things aren't awkward between us?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am in my first year of uni and basically Monday night I got too drunk and told one of my flatmates that I really liked her and kept telling her. It is true I do like her but she has a boyfriend so I would never have said anything if I was sober. I couldn't remember anything but she told me yesterday what I had said and she told me that everyone in the flat who heard what I said keeps asking her if things are awkward between us. She said no but I think things might still be bad. What can I do to make sure things aren't awkward between us?
    she said no.. get over it and move on

ReputationRep:
    Standard drunken hi jinks. If this is the worst you ever do it's no big deal.

ReputationRep:
    If she's said things aren't awkward, leave it. It WILL get awkward if you go to great lengths to prove it isn't

ReputationRep:
    Sounds awkward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Move on, the more you're gonna think about it, the more awkward it's gonna get.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.