The Student Room Group

Moving to London. TSR what should I know?

I'm going at the start of December when it will probably be freezing :eek:

Not decided on an area to live in yet but I can afford something pretty decent

What should I know?

Scroll to see replies

london people are rude and also they are rude..and rude..and rude as well!
Reply 2
have lots of money
Reply 3
Original post by Abdi112
have lots of money

Got a good job :borat:
Reply 4
It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops.
Wear comfy shoes - handy for when ur runnin from muggers.
Original post by RiotGirll
I'm going at the start of December when it will probably be freezing :eek:

Not decided on an area to live in yet but I can afford something pretty decent

What should I know?

where are u from originally ??
Reply 7
Original post by Davalla
It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops. It ain't safe on the block, not even for the cops.

which song is this :rofl:

candycaneland500
where are u from originally ??

Up north :ninja:
Things move quickly in London,it's a fast life,plenty of rude people,war zone on the tube during rush hour time,great parks,lots to do/places to visit
I spent 3 years at a London university, albeit in private accommodation.

It's an awesome place to live in terms of being able to meet new people and have a good time. At first, though, it felt like this huge place where it's easy to get lost. The people are slightly different (to how they are here in the north) but (in my experience) mostly nice :biggrin:
Reply 10
That it's a sh*t place to live. Source: Lived here for 7 years.
Oyster card - get one.

Avoid certain areas when it gets dark (same with anywhere really)

Boris bikes are your friend :smile: (or your own bicycle)
Lots of young women with old men after about 8pm in the West End. They're all hookers.

Skepta: It ain't safe - featuring Young Lord.
:biggrin:
Reply 14
Don't be chatty to randoms on public transport and for the love of God, stand on the right of underground escalators
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Nothing

You shouldn't be learning about London
London should be learning about you :tongue:

But seriously you should visit first.
Because it can get pretty... meh
imo

Up north :ninja:

oh cool well in my opinion london is boring asf
Reply 17
Original post by Kiytt
That it's a sh*t place to live. Source: Lived here for 7 years.

Where in London? :smile:

Davalla
Skepta: It ain't safe - featuring Young Lord.

I saw that video before ofc :biggrin: but that was filmed in birmingham lol.. lozells :colondollar:

ivy.98
Don't be chatty to randoms on public transport and for the love of God, stand on the right of escalators on public transport

man likes to diss randoms, fam

Indeterminate
I spent 3 years at a London university, albeit in private accommodation.

It's an awesome place to live in terms of being able to meet new people and have a good time. At first, though, it felt like this huge place where it's easy to get lost. The people are slightly different (to how they are here in the north) but (in my experience) mostly nice

Thanks different how? :smile:
Got a good job :borat:

Lmao what is this good job you can only do in London?
Reply 19
Original post by queen-bee
Things move quickly in London,it's a fast life,plenty of rude people,war zone on the tube during rush hour time,great parks,lots to do/places to visit

What are good places to visit if you're not a tourist? x

LeyK
Nothing

You shouldn't be learning about London
London should be learning about you

But seriously you should visit first.
Because it can get pretty... meh
imo

It doesn't seem meh :colondollar: how?

Quick Reply

Latest