Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    personally, i think it should be banned because halloween is the work of the devil. if you read the bibble like i do then you'll know that it's full on sinful to celebrate halloween. the bibble says ''love thigh neighbour''...how are you doing that by knocking on their door at night trying to scare them?
    plus sweet is gluttony, if you eat sweets you are greedy and this is one of the deadly sins. last sunday my priest took all the kids to one room to do a sweet search and put his hands in our pockets and swish about in there and found loads of sweet in this one kid. they are fake god children and were banned from church which i think is reasonable.

as well as that it's also dangerous to do trick or treating now adays, what if you knock on a mental person's home and they happen to have a cellar/basement?
    they might as well drag you all in and hold you prisoner.

ReputationRep:
    what is a bibble?

ReputationRep:
    Nah it's the one day a year where peeps dress scary and make me feel better about my own naturally scary face.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    the 'bibble'? really? surely if you were religious enough to ban halloween you would be able to spell the name of the holy book you supposedly read

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    personally, i think it should be banned because halloween is the work of the devil. if you read the bibble like i do then you'll know that it's full on sinful to celebrate halloween. the bibble says ''love thigh neighbour''...how are you doing that by knocking on their door at night trying to scare them?
    plus sweets is gluttony, if you eat sweets you are greedy and this is one of the deadly sins. Every sunday i attend church and last sunday my priest took all the kids to one room to do a sweet search and put his hands in our pockets and swish about in there and found loads of sweet in this one kid. they are fake god children and were banned from church which i think is reasonable.

as well as that it's also dangerous to do trick or treating now adays, what if you knock on a mental person's home and they happen to have a cellar/basement?
    The Bible says nothing about not celebrating Halloween therefore it should not be banned. And the point of Halloween is being whom you want to be, not worshipping the devil. It's like saying Christmas should be banned because we are too greedy for presents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bookster)
    The Bible says nothing about not celebrating Halloween therefore it should not be banned. And the point of Halloween is being whom you want to be, not worshipping the devil. It's like saying Christmas should be banned because we are too greedy for presents.
    well meme'd

ReputationRep:
    Lol, let's just ban everything we don't like :rolleyes:

I don't like Halloween either, but I'm going to call for it to be banned just because I don't like it and who gives a **** about what the 'bibble' says, it has no influence in this day and age.

ReputationRep:
    I think your priest may have been looking for something more than the sweets..

If you know what i mean

ReputationRep:
    clearly trolling ihatepe; I've seen other threads made by you where you have better spelling then that, and I know you don't hold these sort of 'extremist' views. Also, I reckon you're more likely not to be religious as well (higher tendency for people like you not to be religious.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mentally)
    I think your priest may have been looking for something more than the sweets..

If you know what i mean
    Okay, the OP is crazy but this is next level craze... rofl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon-)
    well meme'd
    Thank you
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by XcitingStuart)
    clearly trolling ihatepe; I've seen other threads made by you where you have better spelling then that, and I know you don't hold these sort of 'extremist' views. Also, I reckon you're more likely not to be religious as well (higher tendency for people like you not to be religious.)
    i converted yesterday

ReputationRep:
    0/10 troll, improve your grammar and spelling, and better luck next time

ReputationRep:
    yeah i agree ban halloween. and christmas as well because getting presents leads to greed and envy. also u eat a massive christmas dinner == gluttony

ban easter too (gluttony, pride)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper Phoenix)
    what is a bibble?
    Oh wow you sure showed him. If that's all you have to contribute then you're clearly a satan worshiper.

(Original post by XcitingStuart)
    This guy is too. off with their heads!!!

ReputationRep:
    What's loving the thigh of your neighbour got to do with Halloween?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittyboy)
    Oh wow you sure showed him. If that's all you have to contribute then you're clearly a satan worshiper.

This guy is too. off with their heads!!!
    what is a bibble mate?

ReputationRep:
    plus sweet is gluttony, if you eat sweets you are greedy and this is one of the deadly sins. last sunday my priest took all the kids to one room to do a sweet search and put his hands in our pockets and swish about in there and found loads of sweet in this one kid. they are fake god children and were banned from church which i think is reasonable.

The bold... I never say this but I'm going full on Tumblr girl; I can't even. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ripper Phoenix)
    what is a bibble mate?
    Look at the word. Look at the context. It is pretty clear what he's talking about. You're a fool
    • Section Leader
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Peer Support Volunteers
    A good 3/10.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.