The Student Room Group

Love university- hate the degree Im doing

My parents forced me to do this damn degree, and I don't know what I am doing with my life anymore.
what degree is it? can't you change degrees?
Can you transfer course? It's probably a bit late... perhaps reapply to the same Uni for next September?
Original post by samina_ay
what degree is it? can't you change degrees?

I am currently doing biomedical sciences. I don't mind the university at all (QMUL). However, I am seriously getting tired of doing this degree and want out. But MY asian parents are making me stick to it :frown:
Original post by The Room Student
Can you transfer course? It's probably a bit late... perhaps reapply to the same Uni for next September?

Yeah I tried for a transfer in week 3. They said I got accepted on the basis of my marks for biomedical sciences, so in no way was it possible for a transfer. I don't want to waste another year as I already took a gap year. I will be 20 if I chose to apply again for the degree.
Sorry for the negativity in this post, I am just bothered by the fact that I have no options no matter what I am trying to do
Original post by qwertyui12345
I am currently doing biomedical sciences. I don't mind the university at all (QMUL). However, I am seriously getting tired of doing this degree and want out. But MY asian parents are making me stick to it :frown:

what don't you like about it? stick to it, you might be able to change degrees in second year - since it's science related, they might let u in optom or something.
good job prospects as well once you graduate, so dw :biggrin:
Original post by samina_ay
what don't you like about it? stick to it, you might be able to change degrees in second year - since it's science related, they might let u in optom or something.
good job prospects as well once you graduate, so dw :biggrin:

Thanks very much for the encouragement! I don't mind some modules, but human anatomy is destroying my very life! I cant for the life of me understand how on earth can I memorize how so many bones in the body articulate with muscles and so forth. I asked the councillor if I could switch but he said I have to drop out entirely if I wanted to do that. Btw have you done biomed?
PS I am an international student and what I have learnt back home isn't as advanced as the stuff students have learnt here before going into university. UK seriously has the brightest students I have ever seen
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by qwertyui12345
Thanks very much for the encouragement! I don't mind some modules, but human anatomy is destroying my very life! I cant for the life of me understand how on earth can I memorize how so many bones in the body articulate with muscles and so forth. I asked the councillor if I could switch but he said I have to drop out entirely if I wanted to do that. Btw have you done biomed?
PS I am an international student and what I have learnt back home isn't as advanced as the stuff students have learnt here before going into university. UK seriously has the brightest students I have ever seen

no, not clever enough for bio-medical science lol, yes it is hard, if you're struggling; there's a lot of resources around on the internet to help you memorize etc. it might seem over-whelming, but if you put the hard work and effort into it, it will sink in. Don't give up - you've earned the place at uni - so carry on.
and try forming a study group at uni? or even one person will do that can help you out :smile: you'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending