Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My parents forced me to do this damn degree, and I don't know what I am doing with my life anymore.

ReputationRep:
    what degree is it? can't you change degrees?

ReputationRep:
    Can you transfer course? It's probably a bit late... perhaps reapply to the same Uni for next September?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    what degree is it? can't you change degrees?
    I am currently doing biomedical sciences. I don't mind the university at all (QMUL). However, I am seriously getting tired of doing this degree and want out. But MY asian parents are making me stick to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Room Student)
    Can you transfer course? It's probably a bit late... perhaps reapply to the same Uni for next September?
    Yeah I tried for a transfer in week 3. They said I got accepted on the basis of my marks for biomedical sciences, so in no way was it possible for a transfer. I don't want to waste another year as I already took a gap year. I will be 20 if I chose to apply again for the degree.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for the negativity in this post, I am just bothered by the fact that I have no options no matter what I am trying to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyui12345)
    I am currently doing biomedical sciences. I don't mind the university at all (QMUL). However, I am seriously getting tired of doing this degree and want out. But MY asian parents are making me stick to it
    what don't you like about it? stick to it, you might be able to change degrees in second year - since it's science related, they might let u in optom or something.
    good job prospects as well once you graduate, so dw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    what don't you like about it? stick to it, you might be able to change degrees in second year - since it's science related, they might let u in optom or something.
    good job prospects as well once you graduate, so dw
    Thanks very much for the encouragement! I don't mind some modules, but human anatomy is destroying my very life! I cant for the life of me understand how on earth can I memorize how so many bones in the body articulate with muscles and so forth. I asked the councillor if I could switch but he said I have to drop out entirely if I wanted to do that. Btw have you done biomed?
    PS I am an international student and what I have learnt back home isn't as advanced as the stuff students have learnt here before going into university. UK seriously has the brightest students I have ever seen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwertyui12345)
    Thanks very much for the encouragement! I don't mind some modules, but human anatomy is destroying my very life! I cant for the life of me understand how on earth can I memorize how so many bones in the body articulate with muscles and so forth. I asked the councillor if I could switch but he said I have to drop out entirely if I wanted to do that. Btw have you done biomed?
    PS I am an international student and what I have learnt back home isn't as advanced as the stuff students have learnt here before going into university. UK seriously has the brightest students I have ever seen
    no, not clever enough for bio-medical science lol, yes it is hard, if you're struggling; there's a lot of resources around on the internet to help you memorize etc. it might seem over-whelming, but if you put the hard work and effort into it, it will sink in. Don't give up - you've earned the place at uni - so carry on.
    and try forming a study group at uni? or even one person will do that can help you out you'll be fine.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.