The Student Room Group

What is your goal for GCSEs?

Hey guys!
What are you aiming for in your GCSEs (i.e. which grades)? What you're predicted isn't necessarily what you'll end up with; just work towards the grades you want, and go get them! Just remember that once you've put them down here, you'll have to achieve them!:wink: (Note: this is very similar to a thread in the A-level section, but I thought it was a brilliant idea, and that you guys could do with such a spur, so I hope @High Stakes doesn't mind:redface:)
Work hard - you can do it!:smile:

Scroll to see replies

Nice thread and hope your words come true that what we out here we end up with :u:

I'm hoping for the following and I don't really aim high but I'll be content with these:

I've already gained an A* in philosophy and ethics and an A respectedly in both English literature and IT.

For English language I'm hoping for a minimum B but I'd be over the moon with an A so let's hope for the best.

History the minimum I want is an A but really my aim is an A*

Maths I'll be the happiest with a B, seriously !

Both sciences I'll be fine with a B but I will aim for an A in at least one .

Spanish my CAs are all A*s so rn my only concern are the exams so I'm hoping for an A overall.

Statistics I want an A.
11 B's
(edited 8 years ago)
I want 3 A*.(In English Lit,English lang,R.E)
I want 2 A's(Core Science retake,Geography,which can stretch to an A.If i work hard enough,i can get A* on Core science.Tbh,the Isa grade let me down,i got a D :frown: )
2 B's(additional Science)(Maths.I'll be content with a C in maths )

So in total 7 gcses.

I think i'll fail product design(no matter how hard i try,i get D's on my coursework.I only got 2 A's and 2-3 B's but thats it.).It's heavily reliant on coursework too
I'll probably fail Arabic too.Despite our teacher being arabian,he can't teach.
Reply 4
Original post by Aniiforever
Nice thread and hope your words come true that what we out here we end up with :u:

I'm hoping for the following and I don't really aim high but I'll be content with these:

I've already gained an A* in philosophy and ethics and an A respectedly in both English literature and IT.

For English language I'm hoping for a minimum B but I'd be over the moon with an A so let's hope for the best.

History the minimum I want is an A but really my aim is an A*

Maths I'll be the happiest with a B, seriously !

Both sciences I'll be fine with a B but I will aim for an A in at least one .

Spanish my CAs are all A*s so rn my only concern are the exams so I'm hoping for an A overall.

Statistics I want an A.

You can go and get those A*s in Eng Lit and History! Just start revising early, so you're comfortable with everything come May/June, and blitz the exams:smile: With Spanish, if the exam is the problem, then don't forget... it's only coming on to November now. You're gonna have plenty of time to prepare, so take a deep breath, and think about what you can do to get that A*:wink: Most of all, WORK HARD!!! Good luck:smile:
Original post by Treblebee
You can go and get those A*s in Eng Lit and History! Just start revising early, so you're comfortable with everything come May/June, and blitz the exams:smile: With Spanish, if the exam is the problem, then don't forget... it's only coming on to November now. You're gonna have plenty of time to prepare, so take a deep breath, and think about what you can do to get that A*:wink: Most of all, WORK HARD!!! Good luck:smile:

Thanks for those sweet words :biggrin: the only A* I really want is for history and I think my problem isn't the exam but I'm dead worried for the coursework. I always mess up things there :frown: yes Spanish exams require a lot of work to even understand the paper. Are you in year 11 too?
Reply 6
Thanks for those sweet words :biggrin: the only A* I really want is for history and I think my problem isn't the exam but I'm dead worried for the coursework. I always mess up things there :frown: yes Spanish exams require a lot of work to even understand the paper. Are you in year 11 too?

No, Yr 10, but because I'm doing GCSEs at home, I've already finished History, and may as well be in Yr 11 concerning maths and the sciences lol So I guess it's like being in Yrs 10, 11 and 12 (except I'm not doing A-levels yet) altogether!:tongue:

We didn't do coursework, but if you're doing History with Edexcel, pm me and I might be able to help:smile:
11A* hopefully :h:
Reply 8
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx

Wow, that's pretty amazing!:smile: And now you have to go and achieve those grades:colonhash::wink:
Original post by xGCSE_Studentx

That will happen :smile:
Hey guys!
What are you aiming for in your GCSEs (i.e. which grades)? What you're predicted isn't necessarily what you'll end up with; just work towards the grades you want, and go get them! Just remember that once you've put them down here, you'll have to achieve them!:wink: (Note: this is very similar to a thread in the A-level section, but I thought it was a brilliant idea, and that you guys could do with such a spur, so I hope @High Stakes doesn't mind:redface:)
Work hard - you can do it!:smile:

Hopefully A's and B's

Hey are you on AQA for history?
Hey guys!
What are you aiming for in your GCSEs (i.e. which grades)?

Can I change my target's to what I personally want to achieve. I was just basing my predictions on my school targets :P :redface:
Reply 13
awhhhh i wish i was young enough to participate in this thread

i was predicted 11 As - got 2A*s 3As 3Bs 3Cs

tbh just get the past papers now - a past paper a day, notes on the specification and you'll get 11 A*s at the end

wait til A-levels though haha :tongue:
Reply 14
Original post by z33
awhhhh i wish i was young enough to participate in this thread

i was predicted 11 As - got 2A*s 3As 3Bs 3Cs

tbh just get the past papers now - a past paper a day, notes on the specification and you'll get 11 A*s at the end

wait til A-levels though haha :tongue:

congrats!!. were past papers the only revision you did im stuck on how to revise ive been doing flashcards but they honestly take up so much time to make
Reply 15
Original post by ho.odo
congrats!!. were past papers the only revision you did im stuck on how to revise ive been doing flashcards but they honestly take up so much time to make

thank you haha! oh honey no! tbh i never believed in past papers (dunno why i just didn't like them)

basically all you have to do is find your specification online - it's basically a checklist of everything you need to know! and then write the point down, answer it (using your textbook, the internet, anything you can get hold of), and then go on to the next point etc etc until you've got everything covered! that's what i did and i got 9 A*s in triple science! didn't have time to do it for everything else haha so that's why you have to start early!

past papers test your knowledge and identify your weaknesses! if you do one everyday you'll make sure that you're on top of your knowledge (because you'll forget what you learned in November by June) and it will also test your skills. Once you've attempted all the exam papers you can find for your examboard, do all the ones for all the other examboards! that way you are prepared to answer all questions they can throw at you no matter how they're worded!

check the post i made on this thread :tongue:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3691501&p=60311405#post60311405

good luck! :biggrin:
12A* and 1 Distinction- I made the stupid mistake of taking Music BTEC.
No, Yr 10, but because I'm doing GCSEs at home, I've already finished History, and may as well be in Yr 11 concerning maths and the sciences lol So I guess it's like being in Yrs 10, 11 and 12 (except I'm not doing A-levels yet) altogether!:tongue:

We didn't do coursework, but if you're doing History with Edexcel, pm me and I might be able to help:smile:

Oh great. What did you get in history? No unfortunately I'm doing OCR.
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Hey are you on AQA for history?

No OCR.
Original post by FaisalNaeem03
That will happen :smile:

Aw thank you I really hope so :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest