Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Dear Dr Antell,

Society has always valued beauty. In literature, attractiveness often symbolizes an admirable protagonist, while ugliness indicates the abominable antagonist. As children we are taught, without even realizing it, to prize beauty. Whilst the older generations are working on their desires, they don’t often think what values that they are bringing in to society. I firmly agree with you that plastic surgery did come out of the “closet” as stated in the article by Laine beam, this is because more and more sources such as the media are exposed to teenagers and are taught directly that plastic surgery is part of the society’s norm and is something you should supremely strive to acheive.Cosmetic surgery: the hype of the moment. But is it the magic potion? Certainly not.

Plastic surgery is becoming increasingly popular amongst teenagers today. Only a couple of decades ago it was considered taboo to admit having “work” done, and it was therefore, unusual for ordinary people to take such extreme measures such as plastic surgery. Teenagers are given the impression of the knowledge by the media, by cosmetic expertise, by their parents, by their peers of the acceptability of plastic surgery and the wonders it creates less than a day. Having said that, people don't recognize the sort of damage that they are creating in teenager’s state of mind. When a young pupil observers things like plastic surgery as part of the extraordinary "norm" they'll apply it to their everyday life, discussing the underground issue to their friends and playing the odd game of "what would you change about yourself.............if you could"? , as well as consistently posting hourglass figures on Instagram and certain feautres of the body and captain it "I’ll be that in two years!” Plastic surgery has become so accepting that the number of typical cosmetic procedures has risen significantly such as nose jobs, face lifts and breast implant by more than 44% in the last two years. Plastic surgery promises the approval of others, but why should you care about the opinion of people who don’t see you for who you are on the inside?In juxtaposition with parents,they often have the typical status of pressuring their children to do well academically, but with plastic surgery becoming so accepted and as the ticket to a contented life in the future, some parents are compelling their children to have cosmetic work, or it may well be the other way around when the child looks up to the parents and chooses to have plastic surgery done.Ideally,acceptibility causes ease and in-agreement of what's normal and what's not normal within an society, by establishing the so-called miracle procedure as such divine in society, everyday teenagers would find changing your nose and eyes as a quick procedure as saying hallelujah!

Moreover, the hidden dangers of plastic surgery is one that can also be referred as the next "American horror story" in reality for most people. Teenagers and many other type of people talk amongst each other on day to day biases about the things they desire the most to be changed about themselves physically and so don’t look beyond the sugar coated procedure that causes serious health risk and in severe cases, life threatening .In the Ul,The numbers are very alarming: in 20% of all cases, the patient has to recover from the damage the patience went through. Although serious risks such as blindness and heavy lung problems are rather rare, less serious risks may not be concealed: chronic pain, allergic reaction, delayed or prolonged healing, is an eveday heath side-efects that cosmertic expertise are famiiler with. Possible complications for any surgical procedure include: Complications related to anesthesia, including pneumonia, blood clots and, rarely, death ,in addition to Mild bleeding, which may require another surgical procedure according to many articles, or bleeding significant enough to require a transfusion and finally numbness and tingling from nerve damage, which may be permanent for many.In any case, cosmetic surgery is far from pain free as adverts promises.

What do you think of this work!? how can it be futher improved!!
    thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MisStudent)
    Dear Dr Antell,

Society has always valued beauty. In literature, attractiveness often symbolizes an admirable protagonist, while ugliness indicates the abominable antagonist. As children we are taught, without even realizing it, to prize beauty. Whilst the older generations are working on their desires, they don’t often think what values that (unnecessary) they are bringing in to society. I firmly agree with you that plastic surgery did come out of the “closet” as stated in the article by Laine beam, this is because more and more sources such as the media are exposed to teenagers and (they) are taught directly that plastic surgery is part of the society’s norm and is something you should supremely strive to acheive. Cosmetic surgery: the hype of the moment. But is it the magic potion? Certainly not.

Plastic surgery is becoming increasingly popular amongst teenagers today. Only a couple of decades ago it was considered taboo to admit having “work” done, and it was therefore, unusual for ordinary people to take such extreme measures such as plastic surgery. Teenagers are given the impression of the knowledge by the media, by cosmetic expertise, by their parents, by their peers of the acceptability of plastic surgery and the wonders it creates less than a day. Having said that, people don't recognize the sort of damage that they are creating in teenager’s state of mind. When a young pupil observers things like plastic surgery as part of the extraordinary "norm" they'll apply it to their everyday life, discussing the underground issue to their friends and playing the odd game of "what would you change about yourself.............if you could"? , as well as consistently posting hourglass figures on Instagram and certain feautres of the body and captain (caption?) it "I’ll be that in two years!” Plastic surgery has become so accepting that the number of typical cosmetic procedures has risen significantly such as nose jobs, face lifts and breast implants by more than 44% in the last two years. Plastic surgery promises the approval of others, but why should you care about the opinion of people who don’t see you for who you are on the inside? In juxtaposition with parents, they often have the typical status of pressuring their children to do well academically, but with plastic surgery becoming so accepted and as the ticket to a contented (it's just content) life in the future, some parents are compelling their children to have cosmetic work, or it may well be the other way around when the child looks up to the parents and chooses to have plastic surgery done. Ideally, acceptibility causes ease and in-agreement (the word is disagreement) of what's normal and what's not normal within an society, by establishing the so-called miracle procedure as such divine in society, everyday teenagers would find changing your nose and eyes as a quick procedure as saying hallelujah!

Moreover, the hidden dangers of plastic surgery is one that can also be referred (to) as the next "American horror story" in reality for most people. Teenagers and many other type of people (maybe say age groups?) talk amongst each other on day to day biases (basis) about the things they desire the most to be changed about themselves physically and so don’t look beyond the sugar coated procedure that causes serious health risk(s) and in severe cases, (could be) life threatening . In the Ul, the numbers are very alarming: in 20% of all cases, the patient has to recover from the damage the patience went through. Although serious risks such as blindness and heavy lung problems are rather rare, less serious risks may not be concealed: chronic pain, allergic reaction, delayed or prolonged healing, is an eveday heath side-efects that cosmertic expertise (it's experts, not expertise) are famiiler with. Possible complications for any surgical procedure include: complications related to anesthesia, including pneumonia, blood clots and, rarely, death, in addition to mild bleeding, which may require another surgical procedure according to many articles or bleeding significant enough to require a transfusion and finally numbness and tingling from nerve damage, which may be permanent for many. In any case, cosmetic surgery is far from pain free as adverts promises (promise, not promises).

What do you think of this work!? how can it be futher improved!!
    thank you!!
    Hey, the things I changed are mostly in bold, if there's no explanation then it means it's a spelling error.
    Some things you can't see by my editing are where I've removed some random capitalisation. Also, sometimes you forget to put a space after a comma or full stop.
    I also don't think it's allowed to post this online? I'm not sure, but it's best to be on the safe side.

ReputationRep:
    Thank youuuuuu!!! For your effort!!!,this is just the small sapmle of my work so obvoisly i havent added the full stuff here for saftey reasons.thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu tho!!!
    (Original post by defenestrated)
    hey, the things i changed are mostly in bold, if there's no explanation then it means it's a spelling error.
    some things you can't see by my editing are where i've removed some random capitalisation. Also, sometimes you forget to put a space after a comma or full stop.
    i also don't think it's allowed to post this online? I'm not sure, but it's best to be on the safe side.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.