Turn on thread page Beta

The 2004 AQA(A) Psychology Thread watch

ReputationRep:
    18/06/2004 - Friday AM - PYA4
    23/06/2004 - Wednesday PM - PYA5

Post up anything to do with these exams here!

ReputationRep:
    I think we should do an approaches question together, like on this thread. SHould I post some stimuli?

ReputationRep:
    Sure.. I need all the practise I can get in!

ReputationRep:
    Dont suppose anyone has
    the questions for the jan 2004 unit four....specifically questions 2,3 and 10.
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    hey i have on really hard one my college gave us... the basic thing is:
    Joe wants to be a farmer. He spends his summers on his grandfather's farm and feels more at home there than he does in the city with his parents. Joe wants to take over the farm and run it when his grandfather dies... explain this i terms of psychological approaches....
    any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Behavioural approach - Classical conditioning - associates the city with cold, miserable winters - and the farm with the hot, sunny summers.

ReputationRep:
    Biological, inherited the interest/skills of farming from his grandparents. Also, when he gets to do something he loves his "happy hormones" go up so his love of farming is reinforced by neurochemistry because these changes in hormones are in line with when he gets to spend the summer on a farm

Am i wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Any1 doing debates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by young_free)
    Biological, inherited the interest/skills of farming from his grandparents. Also, when he gets to do something he loves his "happy hormones" go up so his love of farming is reinforced by neurochemistry because these changes in hormones are in line with when he gets to spend the summer on a farm

Am i wrong?
    Happy hormones = serotonin?

Thats along the right lines though - it's so easily blaggable that section!

ReputationRep:
    The amount of crap they expect us to know for these exams is preposterous. *not a happy chappy* :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James_W)
    Happy hormones = serotonin?

Thats along the right lines though - it's so easily blaggable that section!

I think I more meant dopamine and, um, oh crap what's the other one?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wanna swap an approaches model answer so we can have two each- bugger these approaches!!

ReputationRep:
    I think I more meant dopamine and, um, oh crap what's the other one?
    You could just say monoamines

ReputationRep:
    Anyone wanna swap an approaches model answer so we can have two each- bugger these approaches!!
    I have a number of debates model answers I'm willing to swap. If anyone has these, or treating mental disorders questions send me a PM.

ReputationRep:
    I need alot of help on the debates topics.
    But what topic do you think will come up next week?

I think Free Will and Determinism, and Psychology as a science.
    And I recon Depression will come up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)

I hate to second-guess the exam board. They like to repeat sometimes, so don't get your hopes up. I hope Nature & Nurture comes up, because that's the only one I can do. I don't mind about any of the psychopathology ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)

I hope psychology as a science does come up! I've only revised Reductionism, Nature-Nurture, and Psychology as a science.

Has anyone got the January 2004 paper questions?? I could really do with having a look at them so if anyone can scan the paper or write the debates questions here so I can have a look that'd be wicked!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Surfing Hamster)
    I hope psychology as a science does come up! I've only revised Reductionism, Nature-Nurture, and Psychology as a science.

Has anyone got the January 2004 paper questions?? I could really do with having a look at them so if anyone can scan the paper or write the debates questions here so I can have a look that'd be wicked!
    Here goes...

Section B: Perspectives - Issues and Debates from January 2004:

4) Discuss two or more examples of gender bias in psychological research (theories and/or studies)

5) "We have learned a great deal in psychology by studying non-human animals. This would seem to outweigh any scientific or ethical argumens against the use of non-human animals in psychological research".

Critically consider the use of non-human animals in psychology, with reference to issues raised in the quotation above.

6) a) Explain what is meant by reductionism.
    b) Discuss reductionism in relation to two or more psychological theories.

7) Discuss the nature-nurture debate, with reference to psychological theories and/or studies.

Hope that helps guys!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Hope that helps guys!
    Thanks!
    Um... do you know what the Psychopathology question from Jan 04 was?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slowjamz)
    Here goes...

Section B: Perspectives - Issues and Debates from January 2004:

4) Discuss two or more examples of gender bias in psychological research (theories and/or studies)

5) "We have learned a great deal in psychology by studying non-human animals. This would seem to outweigh any scientific or ethical argumens against the use of non-human animals in psychological research".

Critically consider the use of non-human animals in psychology, with reference to issues raised in the quotation above.

6) a) Explain what is meant by reductionism.
    b) Discuss reductionism in relation to two or more psychological theories.

7) Discuss the nature-nurture debate, with reference to psychological theories and/or studies.

Hope that helps guys!

I recon that reductionism, is gonna repeat. Cos thats the hardest from the two.

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.