Additional Science physics question Watch

Blancosdos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
As you know,they give the formulas,but my teacher says that they miss 2 formulas out(we have to memorise these formula)

My question is which are the two forumulae that AQA miss/do not give out?

Thanks

2nd question:Will questions that require the formula(the two that are not given to us) guarantee to pop up in the Physics exam?

Thanks
VioletPhillippo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hiya,

If you go on the AQA website and look at the data sheet it will show you which formulas they give you. It shouldn't matter though because from the formula that they give you, if you're not confident with rearranging straight away, you should be able to draw the triangle and work out the formula from there. The physics GCSE is about 40% equations, most of them are in the form given in the data sheet but there are a few that they slip in to challenge you where you will need to rearrange.
Blancosdos
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by VioletPhillippo)
Hiya,

If you go on the AQA website and look at the data sheet it will show you which formulas they give you. It shouldn't matter though because from the formula that they give you, if you're not confident with rearranging straight away, you should be able to draw the triangle and work out the formula from there. The physics GCSE is about 40% equations, most of them are in the form given in the data sheet but there are a few that they slip in to challenge you where you will need to rearrange.
So they give you all,but you may be have to rearrange them?

My teacher said that they leave two formulas out?
VioletPhillippo
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blancosdos)
So they give you all,but you may be have to rearrange them?

My teacher said that they leave two formulas out?
Hiya,

Most of the equations only have 3 variables such as speed = distance ÷time.

They will give you 1 variation out of the 3 such as they will give you speed=distance÷time but if you need to work out distance or time (the other 2) you will have to rearrange the formula that they give you.

E.g. from speed=distance ÷time

Rearrange for distance
Distance=speed×time

Rearrange for time
Time=distance÷speed

I think this is what your teacher means. Just ask if you need anymore help
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (534)
66.42%
No (270)
33.58%

Watched Threads