Turn on thread page Beta

Do you find trick or treaters to be annoying? watch

ReputationRep:
    Or are you happy to oblige?

Just asking
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I like it when they stop by. Especially if they have made an effort with their costumes.

Really quiet here this year, though. Only had two knocks on the door, with a total of seven kids. So, I have lots of chocolate left over.

ReputationRep:

5:26 Handle em like Jusreign does xD

ReputationRep:
    Big time, just throw in a massive Halloween party that plays all the ghost games.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Hate them.

ReputationRep:
    I ignore them and turn the t.v volume up so they know that they are being ignored

ReputationRep:
    I think it's fair play as long as the person at your door is someone you know. A bit rude to ask complete strangers imo unless they're openly inviting everyone in

ReputationRep:
    They're just kids ateotd.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i think they should only knock on the doors of ppl clearly celebrating halloween (like houses decorated with pumpkins and banners and stuff). like UnBalanced says i think it is rude to ask strangers and for the elderly or if you are home alone like a certain cavy it can be intimidating
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    They're just kids ateotd.
    true, and the kids that knock at like 5pm aren't that bad, it's when you get the yobs knocking at like 11pm (has happened before) when it gets intimidating

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    true, and the kids that knock at like 5pm aren't that bad, it's when you get the yobs knocking at like 11pm (has happened before) when it gets intimidating
    Hmm true...we've only had one lot this year and they were accompanied by adults.

ReputationRep:
    We have an obesity epidemic in this country. I refuse to enable their quest for diabetes.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Danny the Geezer)
    Hmm true...we've only had one lot this year and they were accompanied by adults.
    PRSOM, yeah so far only one lot has come and they were kids so so far so good

ReputationRep:
    hmm idk if i have sweets they can come if i don't i won't open the door (don't know any tricks lol)

no knocks yet just ****ing FIREWORKS ugh

i thought trick or treating starts at 10:30?

ReputationRep:
    I was happy to oblige. There were some pretty cute kids knocking this evening with some impressive costumes. A few of the adults went all out with the dress up too.

I have two children of my own mind you. Momma doesn't do trick-or-treating but they get to enjoy the festivities by dressing up from their collection (tonight was the Hulk and Spiderman costumes and masks, last year they were Transformers) and handing out fun size chocolate packs.

Both in bed now. Jack-o-lantern candles outed. The locals would not dare knock my front door at this hour of night!

(Original post by Student403)

5:26 Handle em like Jusreign does xD
    Omg where have you been all my life? Hahaha I love jusreign he is awesome. Add him on snapchat hell crack you up!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Omg where have you been all my life? Hahaha I love jusreign he is awesome. Add him on snapchat hell crack you up!!!
    Gotta love that guy. He's the flippin bomb! *pun intended *

(Original post by Student403)
    Gotta love that guy. He's the flippin bomb! *pun intended *
    Haha so funny and so true 😂😂 He blew up in England massively

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZuluK)
    Haha so funny and so true 😂😂 He blew up in England massively
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    theres one outside right now.

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.