Unfriendly
    9.09%
    Didn't make a difference
    27.27%
    I had no friends
    18.18%

ReputationRep:
    Kids days = 1 to 12 years old

TL;DR: I used to HATE the girls when I was a kid.

I had a strong urge to disassociate myself with every girl I met (except my sister). I used to refuse to shake hands with any girl (my age range). And I used to super cringe whenever I received emails from my cousins on my Hotmail account.

There was also this neighbor girl who used to come play playstation 1 with me. I used to beat her a lot... in a game called Tekken! I never wanted to be around her fearing I would turn into a girl or something like that. I always considered my classmates and brothers as "real friends" and these girls as.... I don't know.... different people.

This one time, I was with my sister and her friends in a water theme park. I remember refusing to go on a water ride with any one of them until one of them talked and talked (no idea what it was about) and finally convinced me to go on a slide with her.

This all went even worse when my mum put me in a co-ed school. I remember my teacher punishing me by making me sit next to a girl.

Such strange days. Things have changed so much after I hit 15

....Anyone had a similar childhood experience?

ReputationRep:
    My thing was a high fives and holding hands.

In Australia (I was brought up there), when I was about 9, there was this girl who I'd just meet up with randomly in primary school and we held hands sometimes walking around at break. We weren't even together (like bf and gf) and didnt say much but we just did it.

And then when I was like 11, I had a huge crush on a this beautiful girl:love: and the first time I saw her we high fived. And from then on it was like our thing whenever we met. Walking out from assembly? High five. Waiting in the lunch queue? High five. Getting told off by a teacher and she walks past? Boom high five! Eventually I moved to the UK and it ended...
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and yes....it was still a better love story than twilight

ReputationRep:
    It didn't really make a difference. i was never very outgoing anyway, so I'd by shy with both guys and girls.

ReputationRep:
    The same
    I am scared/nervous to talk to them so my convos are short with girls

ReputationRep:
    I think 'allergies' says it all.

At least in my school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiceTheSlice)
    ... Actually the OP is not entirely true. I remember playing with a girl when I was in a Kindergarden. We used to be neighbors as well, so we practically saw each other every day for study or play.

I remember playing baywatch with her. Come to think of it my kid brain did appreciate the snogging stuff I watched on TV. But it clearly changed at one stage and thankfully reverted back. Ha.
    Sorry this is really bothering me- why do you choose to write in that font? :confused::confused::confused:

Used to play and run around. Play 'it' and tease each other by saying 'you've got the lurrgies'. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Most of my friends/best friends were boys, I think that explains it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScienceFantatic)
    Sorry this is really bothering me- why do you choose to write in that font? :confused::confused::confused:
    There is a long story to that. My laziness prevents me from writing an abridged version of it. Consider using the search function? I can recall answering a similar question in another thread.

ReputationRep:
    ewwww cooties omg :hand:

ReputationRep:
    eww don't touch me, "boy germs"
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i've ever only made friends with girls. apart from year 7 where i actually had guy friends :0 but it's just that because i'm a talkative person, i like to spend time talking more than kicking balls on the fields yuck

ReputationRep:
    First time I had a crush on a girl was in year 2 lol
    My class was very small so we were all good friends by year 6.

ReputationRep:
    Before I went to an all boys school (in year 3, still in an all boys school now in lower 6th, wow!) my best friends were girls, I did have male friends, but, I was just better friends with the girls

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.