Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi i'm stuck on this question and the closest I've got to this question is when I converted mm to m wrong -_- lol, Could anyone please help me with this question, thanks I appreciate your time.

ps the answer is 0.75m but I don't know how to get it

Following measurements in a double slit experiment are : slit spacing (s) = 0.4mm, fringe separation w= 1.1mm , wavelength = 590nm, Calculate the distance from the slits to the screen ?

Thanks again

ReputationRep:
    Name:  waves.JPG
Views: 175
Size:  13.1 KB

to convert nm to meters multiply by 10-9 ... might help to remember that nano sounds a bit like nine
    to convert mm to meters multiply by 10-3

first convert everything to SI units, in this case it's all meters, then calculate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)

to convert nm to meters multiply by 10-9 ... might help to remember that nano sounds a bit like nine

first convert everything to SI units, in this case it's all meters, then calculate.
    I did but I still don't get the answer please help ? Thanks Sorry I got the answer I rearranged my formula wrong ._. whoopsee :P

ReputationRep:

Hi could you or anyone please help me with one more question ? Its

A sodium metal surface is illuminated with incident light of frequency 9.70x10^-14 Hz , The maximum Kinetic energy of an emitted electron is 2.49x10^-19 J , Calculate the wavelength of incident light

Please help me I can't figure it out thank you very much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cinna21)
    Hi could you or anyone please help me with one more question ? Its

A sodium metal surface is illuminated with incident light of frequency 9.70x10^-14 Hz , The maximum Kinetic energy of an emitted electron is 2.49x10^-19 J , Calculate the wavelength of incident light

Please help me I can't figure it out thank you very much
    wave speed, frequency and wave length are connected by the formula
    c=fλ

are you sure that value for frequency is correct though?

ReputationRep:
    wave speed, frequency and wave length are connected by the formula
    c=fλ

are you sure that value for frequency is correct though?
    Yes the value for frequency is correct

and thanks I got the answers I forgot to convert it to standard form so my answer was not matching the answer, why do I make silly mistakes and worse off it takes me the next day to figure it out Lol , I hope this doesn't happen in my exams , thanks though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.