Turn on thread page Beta

Girls. Would this put you off? watch

Announcements

If a guy you liked had started his own business and as a result has to work insanely long hours to make it work, leaving you two to have less time with each other if you went into a relationship. Or would you not care about that as long as he's the right guy etc?

Basically can a relationship still work if you two had limited time to see each other , ie once a week or so ?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it can! - she should understand that you're busy and building your own career.

ReputationRep:
    but do explain to her why you're busy etc

ReputationRep:
    I don't expect someone on the other side of the phone to be waiting for me as soon as they get my text to reply back nor to meet up all the time. As long as you guys go on dates every once in a while and contact each other frequently, I don't see why you your relationship couldn't work. Everyone has time. it just depends how you manage it. Also the fact that you're ambitious is very attractive and she should support you in that

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's okay. You both have your own lives. Also, I dont think a relationship where 2 people are 24/7 together is healthy, because it can become suffocating.. So OP, youre fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    If a guy you liked had started his own business and as a result has to work insanely long hours to make it work, leaving you two to have less time with each other if you went into a relationship. Or would you not care about that as long as he's the right guy etc?
    If it was the right person for me, then i'd support him through it. Id never use his ambitions against him or guilt trip him for devoting time to his work.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind tbh
    he wants a stable future and isn't lazy like some men

Cheers for the replies people

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.