Turn on thread page Beta

Today I matched with a girl on Tinder, who claimed to be an actress on children's television. Indeed after a quick Google search, she indeed acts in a popular children's programme.

Now that's all well and good, however I fear that I kind of blew it in my opening message. Firstly, we matched at 12.45 am (she swiped) so I messaged her immediately by saying that I had never matched with a professional actress before. And that I was impressed.

She didn't reply and so the following day I mentioned how I thought she was cute and that I'd like to talk to her some more. Again, no response.

So I was a bit bored and decided to add her on Facebook. Just in the past hour, I was surprised to see that she accepted my friend request (although she hasn't replied to my message) and I'm a bit confused. She has 5,000 Facebook friends (the maximum limit) and I'm not sure whether she's just using Tinder as a way of promoting herself or feeding her ego. She is getting hundreds, if not thousands of likes on each image she posts.

What do you all think? I mean I would date her like a shot but obviously I can't do anything if she's not replying to anything I've written.

ReputationRep:
    She's just not that into you

ReputationRep:
    From the moment you noticed she didn't respond to your first message you should have left it there. She could be just using it to promote herself or it might not actually be her on tinder anyway. As crazy as it sounds there are people that make fake profiles for the fun of it. Oh and she might not be interested too.

ReputationRep:
    did you search her on facebook?
    she probably finds it creepy/stalker-ish since she didn't give it to you.
    man i don't even know

ReputationRep:
    Cat-fish bruh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    Cat-fish bruh.
    +1 i thought that at first but then i was like naah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by howtobealady)
    +1 i thought that at first but then i was like naah
    same, probs just playing him - or being full of herself, lol typical
    btw i've always liked your avatar - reminds me of something, but idk what lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samina_ay)
    same, probs just playing him - or being full of herself, lol typical
    btw i've always liked your avatar - reminds me of something, but idk what lol
    yeah probably, especially with that much FB friends. i really want to know who it is. OP let us know.
    aw thanks

(Original post by howtobealady)
    yeah probably, especially with that much FB friends. i really want to know who it is. OP let us know.
    aw thanks
    I can't really say at this time due to confidentiality. Needless to say, I will report back in due course.

Incidentally, I always remember the scene from Orange Is The New Black. "She said you were a squirter." Hahaha.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 31, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.