Turn on thread page Beta

Do people mean the things that they say when they're angry? watch

Announcements

When people are angry and they say things, hurtful things, do they mean it? Is it the things that they usually keep at the back of their heads but now since they're very angry they let it all out? Or do they not mean it, is the anger making them say things they don't truly believe/feel. If that is the case then why were they even thinking of those things in the first place?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    In most cases, anger makes people think of and say things that they'd never otherwise say.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they just don't come out in the nicest way possible.

(Original post by Indeterminate)
    In most cases, anger makes people think of and say things that they'd never otherwise say.
    But surely there must be some truth in it? It can't have come from no-where...?

I think the things they say are generally truthful
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    When angry you kinda loose your filter so all the stuff in the back of your mind comes out.

ReputationRep:
    When I'm angry I say a whole load of bull to upset the other person. Then after some time (varies on who the other person is), I'll feel really bad and guilty and apologise and try to do whatever I can to fix the issue.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Often what they say comes from a place of truth but isn't fully represented or explained so the actual thing they say isn't entirely true.

ReputationRep:
    If they don't say sorry, then yes.

ReputationRep:
    Nearly all human relationships have positive and negative aspects. If the positive out weighs the negative there is generally little need to state the bad things - unless you lose your temper. So the things that are expressed in anger are out of context, perhaps exaggerated and even in some instances just designed to be hurtful.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.