Turn on thread page Beta

Halloween should be banned. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Halloween is fir evil sinners. Why are we celebrating monsters?

So it's ok to be a evil sinner?

Absolutely disgusting.

Totally agree with you. Why do we need to celebrate vampires, monsters, Devils and evil beings on the whole? Not exactly the best tradition for kids.

ReputationRep:
    You're the monster D:
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    Plus people do all sorts of crazy **** on Halloween, it's not safe out there for minors :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eggs20)

Absolutely disgusting.
    Take it easy, no one cares about what we actually celebrate, it's all about having fun, going out, having a drink etc.

ReputationRep:

Absolutely disgusting.
    cos this is thriller thriller night

ReputationRep:

Absolutely disgusting.
    It actually use to be a christian event.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arfah)
    Totally agree with you. Why do we need to celebrate vampires, monsters, Devils and evil beings on the whole? Not exactly the best tradition for kids.
    You do know those things aren't real, right? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arfah)
    This is what it's become in the modern day. Not what it actually is.

ReputationRep:
    The people who observe Halloween and send their children out to harass other people for sweets are going to straight hell so kick back and be cool.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say it needs to be banned... But I will say that I don't get the celebration and the hype over it. I just can't see how dressing up as monsters, devils, zombies (and now celebrities) is a massive celebration. It's not like it's Christmas, Easter (even for the non-religious) or New Years, which all have a meaning to it.

(Original post by Illiberal Liberal)
    You do know those things aren't real, right? :lol:
    😳😨 no I didn't know that...! Thanks for letting me know. I'm still in shock...

ReputationRep:
    If vampires, monsters, and evil beings actually existed, I would be wholeheartedly against celebrating them. Till then, I'll keep on trick-or-treating.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    agree, my bible says to respect thigh neighbours and you aint doing that by harrassing them and knocking on their doors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0123456543210)
    Take it easy, no one cares about what we actually celebrate, it's all about having fun, going out, having a drink etc.
    Fine tomorrow when I go outside I will run around the street biting people and everyone. Can start celebrating me.

Does that sound good to you?

ReputationRep:
    It gives girls the opportunity to express their inner slut so it's fantastic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arfah)
    😳😨 no I didn't know that...! Thanks for letting me know. I'm still in shock...
    Anytime.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Hope uni is going well

ReputationRep:

Absolutely disgusting.
    Jesus Christ, what a stupid post. Halloween is a Christian festival ffs, it's the day for remembering the influence of the Devil which can influence and corrupt our lives if we aren't careful. It's literally a festival designed to warn against sin and and promote God.

Actually it has pre-Christian roots, it was the day when the vale between this word and the Celtic Otherworld became thin and evil spirits could have the most influence. But even then it was designed to ward away and protect against the evil spirits. That's what pumpkins are for, to scare them away from your house. Look at any older Church and you'll see gargoyles and grotesque sculptures, they serve the same purpose as pumpkins (or in the old Scottish tradition, turnips): they protect from the power of Satan.

ReputationRep:
    I bet you lot are fun at parties...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by york_wbu)
    It actually use to be a christian event.
    It's actually a pagan event

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.