Turn on thread page Beta

Needing new friends. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So, I'm halfway through my first year's first term and already feel I need new friends.
    Sure, my flatmates are nice, but their each miserable or unreliable and, generally, just bore me.
    I've joined some societies, but they do stuff so infrequently that it's hard to make friends.
    Harder still is the fact that everyone else I know already has a group and joining them now would be embarrassing.
    So, Student Room, how the **** do I fix this?
    Do I reach out to my not-so-close-friends and force myself upon them, or do I just wait and hope that next Halloween I won't get bailed on after I put on my costume, waited for three hours and then was bailed on?

ReputationRep:
    simple.
    Crack some banter.
    You will make friends.

people are like an old bottle of orange juice they collect in different groups and places, you'll end up somewhere.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.