Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Bearing i'm hoping to study physics at university (i hope Oxford), i just wanted advice on what a levels i should do.

I know i'm going to do maths, further maths and physics because these are the subjects i am interested in and also the ones that Oxford require for physics. However i don't really know what to do for my 4th a level. Does it matter what I choose for the 4th a level because I am interested in doing history a level even though it doesn't really relate to physics.
    I thought however that another science like chemistry would help my application for physics.
    Does chemistry help when you apply for physics?
    Or does it not really matter if i choose history for my 4th a level?

ReputationRep:
    You'd do better choosing a subject that you enjoy, rather than one that you think would 'look good' - especially when you're already taking physics, maths and further maths which will look excellent provided that you get decent grades. The fourth a level is practically irrelevant anyway if you drop it after AS (I say 'practically' because if you get like a U I imagine that Oxford might be concerned).

Chemistry isn't vital for physics anyway, your three main choices are far more important.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.