Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

vegan, vegetarian, omnivore? watch

• View Poll Results: are you vegan, vegetarian, omni, other?
    vegan
    17.31%
    vegetarian
    24.36%
    omni
    54.49%
    other
    3.85%

ReputationRep:
    I've noticed an increase in news stories related to veganism recently. In one article I read that there are currently around 150,000 vegans in the UK. Have you noticed an increased awareness in regards to veganism/animal rights/environmentalism? Are you vegan, vegetarian or omni? Do you know many vegans or vegetarians?

ReputationRep:
    Omnivore.

I think someone I once knew in school was vegetarian, but that's about it. I don't know any vegetarians as far as I'm aware.

ReputationRep:
    Omnomnomnivore

ReputationRep:
    I'm Vegetarian, I know a quite few Vegetarians, a Pescatarian, and a Vegan.

More and more people are becoming Vegetarian. And a massive increase in environmental awareness.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Omnivore, I've tried vegetarianism but it's really hard in my household

ReputationRep:
    I became vegan recently, I know quite a few vegetarians/pescetarians but not many vegans

ReputationRep:
    Omnivore/failed vegetarian who has a guilty conscience but can't quite give up that bacon.

It's a good thing if the numbers are increasing. It will make it easier to find good veggie food as a lot of restaurant's attempts are really poor.

ReputationRep:
    Omnivore/pescetarian. I don't really like the taste of meat so tend to not eat a lot of it.

ReputationRep:
    This poll is discriminatory to carnivores like me.

ReputationRep:
    Omni - and if there is an increase in vegan/vegetarians then it shows people's knowledge of nutrition is decreasing.

ReputationRep:
    Although I'm sure veg has its lifestyle benefits, I can't stay away from a proper burger for long hahah

ReputationRep:
    Omni, but my diet doesn't have that much meat in it I guess. Often only one of my three main meals a day has any meat in it. I know a handful of vegetarians and one vegan.

ReputationRep:
    I have initiated my transition from a meat-tolerant eater to a vegetarian. I don't necessarily reject chicken or lamb outright but I'm, day by day, reducing my intake.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I know and have known many who are, but I'm certainly not.

ReputationRep:
    Pescatarian.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Onmi.

I do know a few who claim to be vegetarians and then say "I eat beef or fish".
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I went vegan in February, literally changed overnight from meat to plants. I love it. I think more people are talking about eating a purely plant-based diet, people like Deliciously Ella are keeping it simple which makes it feel more accessible and normal.

ReputationRep:
    Vegan, after slowly phasing out dairy products. I stopped consuming meat and eggs in one go when I became vegetarian. I have a family member who only consumes dairy and another who plans to go vegetarian. I also have a vegan friend and know five or six other vegetarians and pescatarians.

An increasing number of vegans, along with new developments such as Quorn's Vegan range (their vegetarian stuff contains eggs and most contains milk), means that it's never been easier to become a vegan.

ReputationRep:
    Omnivore although I rarely eat meat. Just the occasional carnivorous day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr...)
    Omnivore, I've tried vegetarianism but it's really hard in my household
    same here, was a vegetarian for a month but it was too hard to sustain in a meat eating family.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.