Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to go Sheffield next year has anyone studied or still studies there?
    Is living in a studio by myself £145pw all inclusive too much bare in mind student loan and my job will also transfer me. I can't stand the thought of sharing..
    Also would I not make any new friends if I don't live In a hall?

Thanks in advance

Also if anyone's up to reading my personal statement and giving me feedback a would be great thanks!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Evandra)
    Is living in a studio by myself £145pw all inclusive too much bare in mind student loan and my job will also transfer me. I can't stand the thought of sharing..

Thanks in advance

Also if anyone's up to reading my personal statement and giving me feedback a would be great thanks!
    Moved this to uni of Sheffield for you. (Please be careful with your personal statement , you never know what a stranger might do with it) [/colour]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Moved this to uni of Sheffield for you. (Please be careful with your personal statement , you never know what a stranger might do with it) [/colour]

Yeah I thought twice about sending my statement. Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evandra)

Thanks in advance

I'm a current 4th year at Sheffield so I can do my best to answer any questions you have

£145 a week is definitely a good amount to live on-many people manage on a lot less than this

Not living in shared flats may pose a bit of a problem in the first couple of weeks as during freshers, people tend to go out with their flat-maybe if you join the relevant FB group before you start you could find other people in your block you could make friends with. Once semester starts, you'll become a lot closer with coursemates and people from any societies you join. My best friends at uni are on my course and from the society I'm on committee for-I don't really meet up with my 1st year flatmates anymore.

If you have any other questions, just let me know

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 3, 2015
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.