Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a S5 pupil who is doing their highers this year (maths, english modern studies, engineering science and one nat 5) I was wondering if there are any differences between the Practise Papers in Leckie Leckie books and Model Papers in Hodder Gibson Books? (past paper books). If they are different which one is better in your opinion? . Which one has helped you the most?

ReputationRep:
    I find the two to be rather similar in content, however I do personally prefer the Hodder Gibson books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shaun McEvoy)
    I find the two to be rather similar in content, however I do personally prefer the Hodder Gibson books.
    Have you had both books? Last year I found hodder Gibson very good as it had model papers, specimen and last years paper. But I got leckie leckie for Nat 5 English which was very good for answers. The only thing which would make me get hodder Gibson instead of leckie leckie is because its got more papers/content

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the Hodder Gibson specimen paper is definitely the best. I only used that for all of my highers last year except for maths and I found them great.
    Since they're commissioned by the SQA they're most likely to be reflective of what you'll get in the final exam!! :borat:

I pretty much learned the whole modern studies course from the essays in the book and the answers in the back (using them as an essay plan)
    The leckie & leckie one I had for maths wasn't that nice looking in comparison and I didn't think the questions were very good, plus there were a few typos and wrong numbers in questions which isn't fab for a textbook!!

My biggest piece of advice though is get the How To Pass CfE Higher books for all your subjects because they're amazing!!! and I'm so jealous of you sitting higher maths next year as after the disaster they just had with mine yours will probably be made more doable so there's no uproar again!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.