Turn on thread page Beta

What if his parents don't like me! watch

This guy and I met on Facebook last year (he started talking to me randomly after liking loads of posts which i found really cute) and have met up several times ever since. He is so lovely and i often find myself wondering why he likes me too? He's 6ft blonde, smart and could get whoever he wants but he literally doesn't talk to any other girl and its so because he and i aren't dating??? like officially.

Plus he and i are from pretty different backgrounds. Like I'm black he's white, I go to a state school he boards and his parents are ridiculously wealthy mine aren't at all. We have similar interests though and we always go out on the cutest dates (never flashy at all; like concerts and picnics) he's just really lovely and I'm falling for him.

So i'm 'meeting the parents' next Saturday and i am freeeeeaking out. His mum said i should come over for dinner, I've met his parents before but only vaguely but they seem nice and next Saturday will be an actual sit-down dinner at his house. I'm worried about how to act etc because I really want to impress them! should i bring cake? any do's and don'ts? what if they don't like me :-(

bump
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    This guy and I met on Facebook last year (he started talking to me randomly after liking loads of posts which i found really cute) and have met up several times ever since. He is so lovely and i often find myself wondering why he likes me too? He's 6ft blonde, smart and could get whoever he wants but he literally doesn't talk to any other girl and its so because he and i aren't dating??? like officially.

Plus he and i are from pretty different backgrounds. Like I'm black he's white, I go to a state school he boards and his parents are ridiculously wealthy mine aren't at all. We have similar interests though and we always go out on the cutest dates (never flashy at all; like concerts and picnics) he's just really lovely and I'm falling for him.

So i'm 'meeting the parents' next Saturday and i am freeeeeaking out. His mum said i should come over for dinner, I've met his parents before but only vaguely but they seem nice and next Saturday will be an actual sit-down dinner at his house. I'm worried about how to act etc because I really want to impress them! should i bring cake? any do's and don'ts? what if they don't like me :-(
    Just act as you normally do and maybe take a drink or dessert depending on what they like

ReputationRep:
    Aww. Yes cake is good or an alternative depending on what they like good luck

ReputationRep:
    Doesn't matter as long as he likes you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2015

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.