Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm taking my mock oral exams for IGCSE French and I'm really nervous because in my practices I keep panicking and getting overwhelmed when I'm asked a question. Also I'm worried I'll be asked something which I don't understand :/ Can anyone give me some tips on how to stay calm in the exam and maybe some techniques to prepare for it?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I found a question bank here : https://www.tes.com/teaching-resourc...-exam-11015370
    whether or not this is your spec i don't know but if you have the same topics go through every question and make sure you can answer it, if you're comfortable doing that you'll be less likely to panic during the exam - good luck!

ReputationRep:
    thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooster1)
    Hi I'm taking my mock oral exams for IGCSE French and I'm really nervous because in my practices I keep panicking and getting overwhelmed when I'm asked a question. Also I'm worried I'll be asked something which I don't understand :/ Can anyone give me some tips on how to stay calm in the exam and maybe some techniques to prepare for it?
    Thanks
    I remember for my final year French oral exam I had this year, I was exactly like you. I was very nervous the week before and had sweaty palms (I never liked oral exams). Anyway, I knew the kinds of questions I was going to be asked and so I prepared for it all week. I did some research on different French news articles so that I could bring them in my answers as examples. I also did a lot of practising in front of the mirror. In the end, I got a very good mark for it.
    To cut a long story short, just ask yourself what questions the examiner is likely to ask and write up some responses. Practise with a friend, family member or even on your own.
    If the questions lead to a debate (I.e. if they relate to the news), do plenty of research beforehand so that you are ready to answer, whatever the question. I suggest you do the research in French so that you can equip yourself with the relevant vocabulary.

I wish you the best of luck! I hope it all goes well for you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.