Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Am I being immature? watch

Announcements

This is a long story so bare with me, me and my soon to be flatmate were talking for around a month before university on Facebook. A few weeks before uni started her boyfriend broke up with her because she cheated on him, he was genuinely a nice guy and had every right to because he couldn't trust her.

The first 4 days of uni me and this girl had sex each night, I had a crush on her and I lost my virginity to her so naturally I had some feelings for her, then she proceeded to sleep with 6-7 guys in the next 6 weeks. She was in a "relationship" for 9 days and then she cheated on him too.

I tried to be mature about it, we were never together or committed so I never said that she cheated on me or anything like that. After a week or so of my avoiding her because I genuinely had feelings for her even though she was trying to sleep with everything that moved.

We started talking again but every time we would she'd say something to hurt my feelings or make me angry, a few examples:

We were having a nice day shopping and she said that what we had was nothing to her and she "forgot" about it because it was so meaningless.

Once we started talking again I still had some feelings for her and all she wanted to talk to me about was how much she wanted to sleep with certain people she knew to annoy me. (In what world is this appropriate)

When she was in her 9 day "relationship" she tried talking to me about their sex life (This was a few weeks after we were having sex) and then every chance she got she'd bring him back to our flat and get off with him in the kitchen where I'm trying to cook.

Back to the situation, she's calling me immature and *****ing about me to our other flatmates because I don't want to speak to her, everyone who I've spoke to about it says that my reasoning is completely justified and it's my choice who I want to be friends with. It's not like I'm being a **** towards her like eating her food or refusing to wash up her dishes (we take it in turns).

P.S. I know it was a stupid thing to sleep with my flatmate, my biggest regret is that I had feelings for someone so disgusting :/

Also, she'd bring every guy back to our flat even though it's more inconvenient, we live next to each other and I can hear everything that goes on in that room clear as day so I presume she was doing it on purpose.

ReputationRep:
    You're both immature. You had sex; there was no consensus that it would be a relationship, plus you knew beforehand that she likes to sleep around a bit (as she cheated) so you full well knew what you were getting yourself into. It's also immature of her to try to wind you up. You both need to grow up a bit

She will realise in 20 years when her looks fade and her sexual market value has plummeted that ONS are like drug addicts a never ending cycle. You should have been more careful and in the future be more careful. Just hope you didn't get HPV or Herpes or genital warts.

(Original post by georgiaswift)
    You're both immature. You had sex; there was no consensus that it would be a relationship, plus you knew beforehand that she likes to sleep around a bit (as she cheated) so you full well knew what you were getting yourself into. It's also immature of her to try to wind you up. You both need to grow up a bit
    Having sex and being in a relationship are completely different things...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Having sex and being in a relationship are completely different things...
    That's my point - you had sex with her because you had feelings for her, and now you're pissed off that she's sleeping with other people. But you aren't in a relationship, so she has every right to. But the main point is that you're being immature for ignoring her, and she's being immature for trying to use people to wind you up. Just don't let it get to you and try to forget about it, like she's done

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.