The Student Room Group

{ A-levels Revision and Survival Thread }

Poll

How many hours did you revise today?

[There are so many revision threads, I think it is a good idea to merge all of them here.]

Can't concentrate? Don't feel motivated enough? Got problems with time-management? Or just don't know how to revise?!

So frustrated right?

Here is the right place to discuss all these things!

Scroll to see replies

How much revision do you plan to do during the easter holidays, I have a hell of a lot to revise and work to catch up on so 6 to 8 hours daily I hope *fingers crossed* (will probably never happen.)

How about everyone else?
Reply 2
emm probs bout 4 hours a day after ive finished all my IT c/wk!!!
Reply 3
oh god - no where near that much

i'll probably do about 2hours a day ish - though ill work more on some days and not at all on others, mind you im pretty up to date so i just have some history notes to do and make a start on maths and chemistry past papers.
Reply 4
I think 6-8 hours may be a tad excessive - 8 hours per day is the absolute maximum that I can concentrate for, but then the day after I feel demotivated and too tired to continue. I think I will do about 4-5 hours during Easter, if I'm not doing anything during the day.
well... no revision currently, had to hand in electronics project... i will relax until after easter and then maybe put in half an hour each day and then build it up slowly to a maximin of about 4 hours when exams are nearer. i only have 7 exams in the summer and they are fairly spread out so it's not too much of a problem... most of my revision will be done in the last few weeks building up the exams.
See you have 7 i have 17 - hene the need for excessiveness 7 are within 2 day aswell :eek:

Oh and if I aim to do 4 I will end up doing about two, so I aim for eight and do about 5 :smile:
Reply 7
well i haven't done very much so far and yet i have 12 exams in june but i've been concentrating on coursework, which ends on tuesday. After tuesday, hardcore revision begins.
Reply 8
On a normal day, I'll do half an hour's worth of revision, and then have half an hour off (and do this throughout the day), to talk to my friends on MSN (should I not have something else planned). So I can get around 6-7 hours worth of revision done in a day, whilst not exhausting myself in the process.
Reply 9
*is slightly worried* I have never done revision during the easter holidays and I don't think I plan on starting now, but then again I generally won't start my revision until a month before the exam (apart from revision in school cause that starts earlier)
I'll probably do the same as a normal weekend, and do 3-4 hours every day.
Well during the Easter Holidays i wanna do between 8-10 Hours a day. As of now it's about 4 hours a day.:smile:
Reply 12
As much as i could.
Reply 13
I tend to go through phases of doing something daft like 10 hours one day, nothing the next two days and then another 10 hours. I know it averages out as less than most, but once I get on a roll with it I get a lot done.
Reply 14
Hmm, I can't really set a time, but I will do lots of revision.

I just wish I could shake off all this insane amount of homework I have at the moment so I could start revising.
Reply 15
I'm starting tomorrow (I broke up on Friday). I think I'm going to do about 4 hours per day plus History and German coursework. I don't want to go back to school next term completely burnt out, but I want to have ironed out some of the areas that I didn't understand last term before the end of the holidays.
Reply 16
I really want to get on top of things and do as much revision as possible so I'm hoping for around 8 - 10 hours. I figure I can work normal school hours in my house ( 8am - 3pm ) and maybe add a few hours on in the evening aswel.
Reply 17
yeah im gona do loads of revision but right nw got bio c/w to do that takes long u knw
i really hope the people who say 7/8 hours are joking. ive never revided in easter holidays.
might do a couple of hours each day including homework this year but that would be pushin it.
Reply 19
Wait.... you guys do 6-8 hours A DAY?? I tend to do about 2 hours revision, get bored, watch something, 30 minutes revision, then get distracted again.

I'm feeling slightly worred....:eek:

Quick Reply

Latest