Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So i use mymaths a lot but im wondering if it is actually helping me. I want to get an A or A* in GCSE Maths but im not sure if mymaths will help me achieve this?

Any advice??

ReputationRep:
    I think a good idea would be to use the 'a to a*' booster packs on my maths, they give you some more challenging questions to stretch your capabilities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hoafanuk)
    I think a good idea would be to use the 'a to a*' booster packs on my maths, they give you some more challenging questions to stretch your capabilities.
    Yeah, I've done most of those booster packs now but i'm not sure if it really helped. I did get an A in the mock though. I don't know if doing past papers would be better. A lot of people also use mathswatch but i always find the questions too easy so i'm kind of stuck on what to do next

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Appazap)
    Yeah, I've done most of those booster packs now but i'm not sure if it really helped. I did get an A in the mock though. I don't know if doing past papers would be better. A lot of people also use mathswatch but i always find the questions too easy so i'm kind of stuck on what to do next
    Past papers are your best friend!

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand mymaths ~ it doesn't help me

If you struggle with the principles, watch a video/irl person explain it to you

Then just practice ~past papers until you're sick to death of them, and see where you're making the mistakes. Focus on accuracy rather than speed to begin with, avoiding silly mistakes as far as possible

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I think MathsWatch is way better. It helped me get B in maths without teacher. I think mymaths would be beneficial for testing yourself but not for actually learning the topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It can help of course, I personally hated it! But thats simply as I prefer paper and pen.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: November 1, 2015
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.