Turn on thread page Beta

applying to uni issue watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I sent in my ucas application a few weeks ago (im not from the UK) without realising that I need a gcse maths B for all my courses...(not that this was stated to me in emails to the universities when I asked what requirements I need before I applied). Anywho, I need to change my course now and I don't know what to do. I really don't want to wait until Extra comes live, anyone ever experienced something similar? Any help is appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123eoe123)
    Hi, so I sent in my ucas application a few weeks ago (im not from the UK) without realising that I need a gcse maths B for all my courses...(not that this was stated to me in emails to the universities when I asked what requirements I need before I applied). Anywho, I need to change my course now and I don't know what to do. I really don't want to wait until Extra comes live, anyone ever experienced something similar? Any help is appreciated!
    if the universities you've applied to offer the course you want to do you can just email and ask if they can accept a change of course. If you want to apply to new unis you have to wait til extra unless its only been 7 days since you sent your application off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    if the universities you've applied to offer the course you want to do you can just email and ask if they can accept a change of course. If you want to apply to new unis you have to wait til extra unless its only been 7 days since you sent your application off.
    Do you know what would happen with the personal statement? like would i need to send an amended one or anything and thanks btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123eoe123)
    Do you know what would happen with the personal statement? like would i need to send an amended one or anything and thanks btw
    would depend on the uni I would imagine- you'd need to check with admissions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    would depend on the uni I would imagine- you'd need to check with admissions
    thanks so much

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.