Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance = Chocolate Tea Pot - I need HELP watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I did not take any GCSE's at all then a year later did a GNVQ & re took math & English GCSE's. I then did nothing after that, I have suffered mental illnesses & was in a major RTA.
    I want to get my life back on track and get an education now I am in a position to do so.
    I enrolled and got a place studying a HND in computer programming. I had to take a test in maths and English to be able to gain entry. I have been on my course
    Now 2 months.
    I applied for student finance on 2nd September. I called them to ask what evidence they needed from me. They was not too clear about this on the phone so I sent them everything I had even if they did not need it.
    My application had been approved, they had received my signed declaration and had confirmation from my place of study that I was in attendance, my finance was in place and I was due to be paid on the 14th September. Although this time came and gone still no payment.
    3 weeks after I realised they had my national insurance number kind of wrong they had a C on the end when it was a D.
    I called them they admitted it was their mistake. I said can't they correct it as my correct NI NUMBER WAS ON ALL MY EVEIDENCE.
    THEY SAID NO I NEEDED TO SIGN AND SEND A FORM CORRECTING THIS ALTHOUGH IT WAS THEIR FAULT.
    I did this and they received it on a Monday, an advisor lied to me and said they would send it off to check and would take a week.
    2weeks later they said to me sorry we forgot.
    How can they forget something like this. They had told me I needed to send a letter from my doctor stating I am independent. I did this going on their advice and paid £25 for my doctor to do me a letter. 2weeks later they get back to me sayi it is not good enough, they needed to know more about care and leaving care.
    At this point I went crazy on the phone to them how is that even relevant I left care at 14 years old.
    I again got another letter from my doctor another £25. Waited a week and then they told me that there was another account in my name something I knew nothing about.
    I complained to a manager who told me I did not need to do anything at all he would personally transfer all the info on to one account. Ok a week later he had only transferred my email and phone number.
    I complained again & was promised I would be high priority as also my Disabled grant application was over its processing time.
    I had to re submit my application all over again and send my evidence again.
    By this time I'm pulling my hair out.
    A week later they "accidentally' deleted my application :-0
    I was told I had to do it all over again. I did this by this time having no hair left and going crazy at them.
    I was supposed to be paid on the 14th September. My place of study are waiting for the tuition fee.
    A week later my application was finally approved, now every day I log in it changes everyday from approved payments scheduled to awaiting confirmation.
    I have made 47 complaints I have emailed them 267 times.
    And now they are saying I am not eligible for finance because I have done a HND before I have no idea where they got this info from as it is not correct.
    They told me I did a HND when I was 17. Now clearly this is impossible to do at that age without doing a diploma first.
    They said I needed to contact a college and get them to confirm that I did not do a HND and also contact edexcel which I have done both and they both confirmed I do not have a HND.
    I have complained until Im blue in the face for them to sort out their errors. They are still not sorting this out. They are still saying they do not believe I don't have a HND.
    Even though they have received emails from edexcel stating I don't hold any qualifications with them at all.
    I phone up to make a complaint and they refuse to take my complaint as I have already made over 40! I'm sorry but I never knew there was a limit on complaints someone can make.
    ***SOMEONE please help I do not know where to turn to now for help, I am at risk of having to drop out of my course and all I want to do is get an education and get my life back on track****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeWestwick)
    I did not take any GCSE's at all then a year later did a GNVQ & re took math & English GCSE's. I then did nothing after that, I have suffered mental illnesses & was in a major RTA.
    I want to get my life back on track and get an education now I am in a position to do so.
    I enrolled and got a place studying a HND in computer programming. I had to take a test in maths and English to be able to gain entry. I have been on my course
    Now 2 months.
    I applied for student finance on 2nd September. I called them to ask what evidence they needed from me. They was not too clear about this on the phone so I sent them everything I had even if they did not need it.
    My application had been approved, they had received my signed declaration and had confirmation from my place of study that I was in attendance, my finance was in place and I was due to be paid on the 14th September. Although this time came and gone still no payment.
    3 weeks after I realised they had my national insurance number kind of wrong they had a C on the end when it was a D.
    I called them they admitted it was their mistake. I said can't they correct it as my correct NI NUMBER WAS ON ALL MY EVEIDENCE.
    THEY SAID NO I NEEDED TO SIGN AND SEND A FORM CORRECTING THIS ALTHOUGH IT WAS THEIR FAULT.
    I did this and they received it on a Monday, an advisor lied to me and said they would send it off to check and would take a week.
    2weeks later they said to me sorry we forgot.
    How can they forget something like this. They had told me I needed to send a letter from my doctor stating I am independent. I did this going on their advice and paid £25 for my doctor to do me a letter. 2weeks later they get back to me sayi it is not good enough, they needed to know more about care and leaving care.
    At this point I went crazy on the phone to them how is that even relevant I left care at 14 years old.
    I again got another letter from my doctor another £25. Waited a week and then they told me that there was another account in my name something I knew nothing about.
    I complained to a manager who told me I did not need to do anything at all he would personally transfer all the info on to one account. Ok a week later he had only transferred my email and phone number.
    I complained again & was promised I would be high priority as also my Disabled grant application was over its processing time.
    I had to re submit my application all over again and send my evidence again.
    By this time I'm pulling my hair out.
    A week later they "accidentally' deleted my application :-0
    I was told I had to do it all over again. I did this by this time having no hair left and going crazy at them.
    I was supposed to be paid on the 14th September. My place of study are waiting for the tuition fee.
    A week later my application was finally approved, now every day I log in it changes everyday from approved payments scheduled to awaiting confirmation.
    I have made 47 complaints I have emailed them 267 times.
    And now they are saying I am not eligible for finance because I have done a HND before I have no idea where they got this info from as it is not correct.
    They told me I did a HND when I was 17. Now clearly this is impossible to do at that age without doing a diploma first.
    They said I needed to contact a college and get them to confirm that I did not do a HND and also contact edexcel which I have done both and they both confirmed I do not have a HND.
    I have complained until Im blue in the face for them to sort out their errors. They are still not sorting this out. They are still saying they do not believe I don't have a HND.
    Even though they have received emails from edexcel stating I don't hold any qualifications with them at all.
    I phone up to make a complaint and they refuse to take my complaint as I have already made over 40! I'm sorry but I never knew there was a limit on complaints someone can make.
    ***SOMEONE please help I do not know where to turn to now for help, I am at risk of having to drop out of my course and all I want to do is get an education and get my life back on track****
    Have you spoken to your students' union's advice service? They are often able to advocate on your behalf to SFE.

ReputationRep:
    I will try this Thank you, I just cant seem to understand how they can say I am not entitled due to their error but they are refusing to fix their problem. I feel like I can not move on with my life

ReputationRep:
    I have spoke with my student services & they have tried phoning STF on my behalf STF even hanged up on them. they are reading of a note on their system that says they cant not speak about my account or deal with me. My STF account is with the CEO of student finance, & also they are still saying I am not eligible. Does anyone know where I can get help ASAP I need this STF to be able to live & continue studying or I am not going to be able to study at all anywhere. surely I am entitled to this they can not refuse me STF???

Chocolate TEA POT STF!!!!

ReputationRep:
    You need to move past repeated complaints and progress to the formal SF Appeals process. Links to guidance and the official form are at the bottom of this page:

http://www.slc.co.uk/contact/making-a-complaint.aspx

Your Student Union should be able to help filling it in if you need that.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.