Chemistry: A
Physics: A
ICT: A
Statistics: A
Geography: B
English Lang: C
English Lit: C
French: C

It does not have to be at Kings or UCL, but I just want it to be at a Russell group university. I am doing maths chemistry physics and biology for a level if that helps.
Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Boss987
My gcse grades were:
Maths: A*
Further Maths AQA : A
Biology: A

It does not have to be at Kings or UCL, but I just want it a Russell group university. I am doing maths chemistry physics and biology for a level if that helps.
Thanks

I think your English grades have to be higher than C, check on their websites.

Oh, and UCL need a certain grade on a modern foreign language, I think it's a B.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
I checked on UCL and you need a c for modern foreign language but a b for english language. Can I at least do medicine at any Russell group uni
Original post by Boss987
My gcse grades were:
Maths: A*
Further Maths AQA : A
Biology: A

It does not have to be at Kings or UCL, but I just want it to be at a Russell group university.

Why? :curious: You'll (hopefully) end up a doctor whichever Med School you go to.

Your options will be be limited at most Med Schools with a C in English, however. Have a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15897-medical-school-gcse-requirements
Reply 4
Original post by usycool1
Why? :curious: You'll (hopefully) end up a doctor whichever Med School you go to.

Your options will be be limited at most Med Schools with a C in English, however. Have a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15897-medical-school-gcse-requirements

Durham looks like a good choice because you only need C in english and it is a Russell group anyway. If I work hard at a levels and get good grades would that support my poor gcse grades
Original post by Boss987
Durham looks like a good choice because you only need C in english and it is a Russell group anyway. If I work hard at a levels and get good grades would that support my poor gcse grades

You need to get the idea of russel group or a 'top uni' out of your head for Medicine - getting an offer from anywhere is so very competitive and all Med Schools in the UK are very good. As I said, you'll end up a doctor wherever.

If you don't meet the minimum requirements for GCSE then I'm afraid that your application won't be considered, no matter how strong your A-Level grades are.
Reply 6
Original post by usycool1
You need to get the idea of russel group or a 'top uni' out of your head for Medicine - getting an offer from anywhere is so very competitive and all Med Schools in the UK are very good. As I said, you'll end up a doctor wherever.

If you don't meet the minimum requirements for GCSE then I'm afraid that your application won't be considered, no matter how strong your A-Level grades are.

Ok then can I still do medicine at any uni or do i have to switch course. Are my gcse grades poor. I have also considered do chemical engineering if thats any good.
Thanks
Reply 7
Grades are good enough, GCSE's don't mean much anyways
Original post by Boss987
Ok then can I still do medicine at any uni or do i have to switch course. Are my gcse grades poor. I have also considered do chemical engineering if thats any good.
Thanks

Your grades are perhaps a little on the lower side for Medicine applications but certainly not poor. If you apply to places wisely and concentrate on nailing other parts of your application, you can still get in.
Reply 9
ganna
Reply 10
Original post by Ganna
ganna

Who is GANNNNNNNNNA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending