Chemistry: A
    Physics: A
    ICT: A
    Statistics: A
    Geography: B
    English Lang: C
    English Lit: C
    French: C

It does not have to be at Kings or UCL, but I just want it to be at a Russell group university. I am doing maths chemistry physics and biology for a level if that helps.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boss987)
    My gcse grades were:
    Maths: A*
    Further Maths AQA : A
    Biology: A

It does not have to be at Kings or UCL, but I just want it a Russell group university. I am doing maths chemistry physics and biology for a level if that helps.
    Thanks
    I think your English grades have to be higher than C, check on their websites.

Oh, and UCL need a certain grade on a modern foreign language, I think it's a B.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I checked on UCL and you need a c for modern foreign language but a b for english language. Can I at least do medicine at any Russell group uni
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    My gcse grades were:
    Maths: A*
    Further Maths AQA : A
    Biology: A

It does not have to be at Kings or UCL, but I just want it to be at a Russell group university.
    Why? :curious: You'll (hopefully) end up a doctor whichever Med School you go to.

Your options will be be limited at most Med Schools with a C in English, however. Have a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...e-requirements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Why? :curious: You'll (hopefully) end up a doctor whichever Med School you go to.

Your options will be be limited at most Med Schools with a C in English, however. Have a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...e-requirements
    Durham looks like a good choice because you only need C in english and it is a Russell group anyway. If I work hard at a levels and get good grades would that support my poor gcse grades
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    Durham looks like a good choice because you only need C in english and it is a Russell group anyway. If I work hard at a levels and get good grades would that support my poor gcse grades
    You need to get the idea of russel group or a 'top uni' out of your head for Medicine - getting an offer from anywhere is so very competitive and all Med Schools in the UK are very good. As I said, you'll end up a doctor wherever.

If you don't meet the minimum requirements for GCSE then I'm afraid that your application won't be considered, no matter how strong your A-Level grades are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    You need to get the idea of russel group or a 'top uni' out of your head for Medicine - getting an offer from anywhere is so very competitive and all Med Schools in the UK are very good. As I said, you'll end up a doctor wherever.

If you don't meet the minimum requirements for GCSE then I'm afraid that your application won't be considered, no matter how strong your A-Level grades are.
    Ok then can I still do medicine at any uni or do i have to switch course. Are my gcse grades poor. I have also considered do chemical engineering if thats any good.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Grades are good enough, GCSE's don't mean much anyways
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    Ok then can I still do medicine at any uni or do i have to switch course. Are my gcse grades poor. I have also considered do chemical engineering if thats any good.
    Thanks
    Your grades are perhaps a little on the lower side for Medicine applications but certainly not poor. If you apply to places wisely and concentrate on nailing other parts of your application, you can still get in.

ReputationRep:
    ganna

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ganna)
    ganna
    Who is GANNNNNNNNNA

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.